• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals More Code Geass: Akito the Exiled English Dub Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:13 pm Reply with quote
They also teased that those four are getting announced tomorrow.

I'm scared.

Also... it should be "Shin Hyuga Shaing", but I... guess they didn't want to use his new name for some reason....?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:47 am Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:

I'm scared.

I have no doubt that Johnny Yong Bosch will return (he came back for the Danganronpa 3 Broadcast Dub, after all), but yeah... I'm a little worried about the other three.

I just hope the fan backlash won't be too bad if Funimation can't get them back.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:10 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
#861208 wrote:

I'm scared.

I have no doubt that Johnny Yong Bosch will return (he came back for the Danganronpa 3 Broadcast Dub, after all), but yeah... I'm a little worried about the other three.

I just hope the fan backlash won't be too bad if Funimation can't get them back.

If that doesn't pan out, than I'm more worried about the future season 3 of Code Geass, since, funimation is very likely to get it and broadcast dub it, and changing the main cast is very unfavorable.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:20 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
#861208 wrote:

I'm scared.

I wouldn't worry about Spike Spencer. He's a Texas native (like Johnny), and not only came back for Evangelion but was also in Black Butler Book of Circus. Yuri is even likely, since he's Mercury Black in RWBY. I'm only worried about Kate, only because she's very inactive these days.
Anime/Manga-Lord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:44 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
#861208 wrote:

I'm scared.

i guess we just have to wait and see about that Confused
LuluTheOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:32 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
#861208 wrote:

I'm scared.

I wouldn't worry about Spike Spencer. He's a Texas native (like Johnny), and not only came back for Evangelion but was also in Black Butler Book of Circus. Yuri is even likely, since he's Mercury Black in RWBY. I'm only worried about Kate, only because she's very inactive these days.

A quick glance at MAL shows she's currently voicing Ami Mizuno in the new Viz Sailor Moon Dub, so I guess that gives a bit of hope. She also continues to voice Sakura in Naruto but I don't know how regularly the Dub for that is done, so it might not count as "current". Other than that, you're right that she doesn't do a lot. But here's hoping they get her back. If they don't, they'll probably find a suitable replacement, I have a lot of faith in Funimation after hearing their recast of Alexis Tipton as Kid Trunks instead of Laura Bailey. I highly expect that the other three will at least return, it'd be very hard to hear anyone beside Johnny as Lelouch.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:01 am Reply with quote
Oh this is ridicules, couldn't they just outsource it to Bang Zoom, that's where a lot of CG VAs work.I'm not really interested in this, but I really don't want to watch Season 3 with Funis crappy VAs.
RANGIT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Oh this is ridicules, couldn't they just outsource it to Bang Zoom, that's where a lot of CG VAs work.I'm not really interested in this, but I really don't want to watch Season 3 with Funis crappy VAs.

Same thing I'd like to ask Crunchyroll after the Berserk dub cast announcement. That being Bang Zoom! and all, I'd rather have Funimation handling this themselves. At least there's a decent chance of getting reprisals. If Animaze were around, then sure.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
RANGIT wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Same thing I'd like to ask Crunchyroll after the Berserk dub cast announcement. That being Bang Zoom! and all, I'd rather have Funimation handling this themselves. At least there's a decent chance of getting reprisals. If Animaze were around, then sure.
I miss Animaze so much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1