• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Spring 2017

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy/surprised someone got Atom. I was fearful that the fact that it hasn't aired yet would impact the votes negatively.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quote
How come Seven Mortal Sins didn't get a review? It doesn't feel right without at least one fanservice-centered show per season.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Damn. Two of my shows didn't make the cut. The seven sins one and the battle highschool one with the weird name. The other six is in at least.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Is it Chris Farris or Chris Ferrer? Might want to clear that up. Anyway, welcome Chris! I look forward to your writing!

Everything I voted for got picked, which isn't hugely surprising, but makes me happy nonetheless. There is usually at least one thing that I falls through the cracks every season, so this is great. Really curious to follow Akashic Records and Sagrada Reset, in particular as I might pick them up later if the reviews are strong.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:55 pm Reply with quote
This season I'm surprised more by what made it rather than what didn't. I never expected Clockwork Planet, Sagrada or Eromanga to get picked up (ordered in most to least surprised). They are three of the closest to the chopping block personally (with Machiavellianism) and I watch most shows every season.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Is it Chris Farris or Chris Ferrer? Might want to clear that up. Anyway, welcome Chris! I look forward to your writing!

Everything I voted for got picked, which isn't hugely surprising, but makes me happy nonetheless. There is usually at least one thing that I falls through the cracks every season, so this is great. Really curious to follow Akashic Records and Sagrada Reset, in particular as I might pick them up later if the reviews are strong.

Chris Farris. It's been fixed, apologies.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
@JacobC

Quote:
Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor

Won the bet from the other day. Wink
Random 21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Everything I voted for got in, I believe (Besides Seven Mortal Sins, but that's probably for the best Laughing ). Very happy Atom got in, I was worried for that one, so here's to hoping the show is good. Also very happy that Kado got in, that was honestly the show I was most scared would miss the cutoff, so I'm happy it's in. After seeing the latest episode I'm pretty certain that's my favorite non-sequel, so I'm happy to see it covered.

Other than that, I'm certainly excited to read Gabriella's Rage of Bahamut and Nick's Eccentric Family reviews, those should be some good reads, and Jacob's Utena reviews give me a great reason to start watching that show, been meaning to for ages.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
@JacobC

Quote:

I owe you a...I don't remember, did I bet anything?
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:17 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
How come Seven Mortal Sins didn't get a review? It doesn't feel right without at least one fanservice-centered show per season.

CR has the stupid censored version anyway. The uncensored version is already out and subbed so most people are just going to watch that regardless. However, the reviewer would be stuck with the censored version if it had made the list.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy to see Akashic made it. Actually, everything I voted for except Seven Deadly Sins made it. That doesn't really surprise me though as it hadn't aired at the time of the voting, and I would expect series not having aired let alone in the preview guide to get fewer votes.

27 streaming reviews though, that is actually a decent bit more than usual right? Or do I just forget shows I care little about are getting reviewed...
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Cool.
Akashic Records, Eromanga Sensei, Love Tyrant, Sagrada Reset make the cut.
From the show i will try so watch, only Machiavellianism and Seven Deadly Sins missed.
Well trying to make a review of a censored Seven Deadly Sins would be missing the point because a part of the appeal is fanservice.
I prefer to wait to see the Seven Deadly Sins BD reviews in all their glory.

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quote
JacobC wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:
@JacobC

Quote:

I owe you a...I don't remember, did I bet anything?

Nah, and it was a bit of a suckers bet since this crap has been getting spammed on my Facebook feed since last year... <.<
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:50 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
This season I'm surprised more by what made it rather than what didn't. I never expected Clockwork Planet, Sagrada or Eromanga to get picked up (ordered in most to least surprised). They are three of the closest to the chopping block personally (with Machiavellianism) and I watch most shows every season.

I said this a couple seasons ago as well, but it's possible people voted like I do, and vote for what they think could potentially be good, or at least be interesting to read/write about. I voted for all 3 of those for that reason. Not actually watching any of them at the moment, but I want to know where they go. Especially Sagrada, so I'll be keeping up with the reviews to see whether it is worth my time later down the line.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Rage of Bahamut is (predictably) getting reviewed and that's good enough for me Mr. Green
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5