• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Utsutsu VR Experience Runs in Tokyo in May

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reizo-kun

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:29 am Reply with quote
Never would've expected something like this to come out for Higurashi. Hope I'll get the chance to play and experience it myself. By any chance does anyone know what happened to the live action drama series Higurashi had? They announced a season 2 but I haven't heard or found anything about it which only makes me believe they cancelled the project.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:48 am Reply with quote
Uh... PSVR wHEN!?!?
Azumi14

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
Yes Season 2 is out on Blu ray and is call When They Cry Kai. (This raps up the main story line) Also OVA When They Cry Rei is out on Blu ray. There are still some more OVA I wishing that will come out on Blu –ray. They just release chapter Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch. 5 Meakashi of the light novel last Friday. All the manga is available. I was pushing not to get VR but if Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Utsutsu comes on VR then I am going to purchase a VR hardware.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:06 am Reply with quote
Azumi14 wrote:
Yes Season 2 is out on Blu ray and is call When They Cry Kai. (This raps up the main story line) Also OVA When They Cry Rei is out on Blu ray. There are still some more OVA I wishing that will come out on Blu –ray. They just release chapter Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch. 5 Meakashi of the light novel last Friday. All the manga is available. I was pushing not to get VR but if Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Utsutsu comes on VR then I am going to purchase a VR hardware.
No, they were referring to the live-action version of the property. I personally don't know anything about the live-action versions other than the movie(s?).
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
I wanted to like the live action version, but the keichi actor is a potato and the added clues make everything too easy,
Reizo-kun

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I was referring to the 6 episode live drama they released a year ago. On ANN they said they would be making a season 2 but nothing has came out of it. As for the live action films I too wanted to like them but they just don't seem to capture the characters very well.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Reizo-kun wrote:
Yeah I was referring to the 6 episode live drama they released a year ago. On ANN they said they would be making a season 2 but nothing has came out of it.

It did air, towards the end of last year. I watched it myself. It was 4 eps that covered Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi. So across all 10 episodes, it covered Arcs 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6.

I thought it was a pretty nice TV drama, honestly. More faithful to the original than the movies were. It even used music from dai at some parts.

I feel it's a pretty underrated adaptation among Higurashi fans. Most don't even know it exists...
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this VR trip of Higurashi won't feature surprises that are too scary...like a rotting corpse or a psychotic axe-wielder...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Ah sh** it's finally happened. You've spent your time picking your choices, then you got sound and now you can live the experience and pee your pants. Oh man...
kyokun47

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:53 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Hopefully this VR trip of Higurashi won't feature surprises that are too scary...like a rotting corpse or a psychotic axe-wielder...
Welp, there goes half of the cast already lol
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
"Fanboy Screaming".. Well this should be interesting, and i hope this does get a ps4 release later on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1