• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Crowdfunding Campaign for Animator Support Raises 891% of Goal in 1 Week

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
He said that no corrective actions have been taken to improve the conditions for freelance animators. Shibata also said that the current environment is devastating and there is no room to nurture talent in animators.

And there likely won't be any actions taken for the foreseeable future, unless some kind of restructuring is implemented.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I mean, it's nice, but why the hell didn't those animator-friendly shared homes didn't get this kind of support at the time? (I'm not even sure they actually raised enough money.)
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In addition to the crowdfunding campaign, Animator Dormitory and Young Animators NPO are combating low wages among Japan's animators with help from donations.

What a wonderful thing to do. Giving Japanese animators some support so they can do what they love without enduring hardship. At the same time, helping Japanese studios keep work there in Japan and not going to cheaper studios overseas.[/quote]
VinceA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
I mean, it's nice, but why the hell didn't those animator-friendly shared homes didn't get this kind of support at the time? (I'm not even sure they actually raised enough money.)

They hit 130% of their goal this year - https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/2017-animator-dormitory-project. I think you can still donate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
Seriously, if they want to bring bigger donations, use bigger sites like GoFundMe. If I had at least $25,000 in the bank (I have under $6940 currently), I would gladly donate $500-$2500.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1