• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaRoss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
This one was actually pretty interesting - from what little I've read - so I'm quite pleased that this one was picked up.

Hopefully it manages to be compelling as it goes further along Anime hyper
Key

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this sounds like an interesting twist on the standard premise even beyond it being a female rather than male central character. It also sounds like prime bait for an eventual anime adaptation.

Might check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote
At this point, getting hit by a truck is basically the isekai genre's equivalent of getting exposed to radiation in superhero comics.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
IIRC, this was one of the female-centric isekai stories that were actually pretty decent. It had its weird parts, but it wasn't enough to break my suspension of disbelief.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, so this manga's source is complete. I may check this out in the hopes the manga will end up covering the whole story.

Out of all the announcements SS have made so far this week, this is the only one I'm interested in. I don't count the Magus' Bride stuff as that is a franchise I'm already interested in.

My hope is that, by some miracle, a series I have been asking for in the monthly survey SS have been doing gets picked up. Doubtful...but the week of announcements isn't over yet. Laughing
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like it would be funny. I hope it's funny. The world needs a female-centered Konosuba!

BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
At this point, getting hit by a truck is basically the isekai genre's equivalent of getting exposed to radiation in superhero comics.

That sounds about right. If we're not careful, some ambitious/hopeful/naive fans will start throwing themselves into the street. Look both ways, guys!
Wahappen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
Truck-kun is everywhere!
Man these shoujo isekai antagonist reincarnation stories are becoming a trend in Japan.
Finger-crossed that they will license the light novel too.
ajr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'm waiting for a light novel to adapt Truck-san's story, I think there's lots of people waiting to read Reincarnated As A Truck! Pedestrians I Hit Go To Another World?!, or somesuch genre-aware tale.
mandisaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I really don't need to add more to my queue, but I'm a sucker for antagonist POV stories, especially comedic ones.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1