• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Chi to Hai no Joō Creator Asks Fans to Buy Manga to Prevent Cancellation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calico

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Makes me wonder how many copies it's sold before this, and how many volumes a series needs to sell total to keep from being cancelled.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I can't find any info on this manga whatsoever. Two volumes exist, but there's nothing being said about them. Confused
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Digital isn't knocking on Shogakukan's door but trying to burst in. It's really time to go fully digital in this case, it does help that they have an app already which can make digital easier than other publishers.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow, if he has to ask like this then he's done for.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

Really? Confused This is exactly the same thing Gundam's creators had to do back in 1979 after ratings and merchandise sales for the series didn't live up to expectations.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:13 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
FilthyCasual wrote:

Really? Confused This is exactly the same thing Gundam's creators had to do back in 1979 after ratings and merchandise sales for the series didn't live up to expectations.

IKR? And look at the success that Gundam is today! Anime smile
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Seeing how there's hardly any info I can find about it online, I think the series just hasn't been promoted that well. Besides, it's also still relatively new.

IMO, if the editor is okay with the creator asking for fans to buy, I think they actually do still think it has a chance. I wonder. Maybe it's actually good?
FukuchiChiisaia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Seeing how there's hardly any info I can find about it online, I think the series just hasn't been promoted that well. Besides, it's also still relatively new.

I'm sure you would be surprised with the number of manga that doesn't have any information in any kind English database. I predicts more than 100000 titles doesn't exist on English manga database yet.
teferi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:09 am Reply with quote
FukuchiChiisaia wrote:
BlueAlf wrote:

I'm sure you would be surprised with the number of manga that doesn't have any information in any kind English database. I predicts more than 100000 titles doesn't exist on English manga database yet.

ANN is missing a lot of titles but the scanslator database site that everyone uses has had an entry for a while.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
Hope this works out for him. So, what's the manga about? I can't find a summary in English, even on the site that updates info on manga.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 am Reply with quote
Even though their readership has been going down, Weekly Shounen Jump being subscribed manga magazine might help this series sell better.
akamarulover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:24 am Reply with quote
Well the art is super pretty to say the least ^^
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:26 am Reply with quote
This manga kinda reminds me of Parasyte plus some Beelzebub elements... with an aggressive screentone styling. Author surely loves to show off the dark colors so much every chapters. It's too bad that even with such dedication, manga authors are always at risk of losing their jobs in a blink of an eye if they don't hit strikezone. Though, I hope Bako-sensei gets the 1000 requirement quota.
Souther

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:15 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Hope this works out for him. So, what's the manga about? I can't find a summary in English, even on the site that updates info on manga.

Used Google Translate on its page on Ura Sunday's site, so take this with a grain of salt. Basically, the synopsis seems to be Mt. Fuji erupted and the volcanic ash from the eruption turned some into vampires with incredible power, who began killing (and presumably feeding). The strongest vampires now govern the world.

On the same site, there're also a comment section for readers, and from what little I've read of them (again, Google Translate, so take this with a grain of salt), the readers seemed to be pleased with it and a few think it should be more popular. They also seem to like and keep talking about how cute a character called "Kiyoko" is lol.
valoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quote
Just ordered the first volume to import. I hope it helps
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2