• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: I Hear the Sunspot GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:48 am Reply with quote
Overall(sub) for a manga? I think you meant story.

Also I think putting the romance has a negative is wrong. Mainly if you agree that it adds sweetness to it. The romance between the two boys is what makes it even better after all.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:18 am Reply with quote
I very much enjoyed this book too, I just wish that One Peace Books manga were easier for me to find. B&N doesn't carry them and most of the comic shops around me don't carry them either (just the hipster one, which is kind of out of the way so I don't usually go to them). I usually have to get them on Rightstuf or something.
lebrel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
This book was so sweet. Apparently there's a sequel coming next year. And of course, like all the really worthwhile BL, it got a live-action adaptation rather than an anime. Sad

There's actually a (small) fraction of BL that isn't overtly romantic; there's at least one manga in English where the guys never go beyond "close and emotionally intimate friends" (I can't remember which one, unfortunately). "Men having squishy feelings" is a big part of the genre, even if those feelings don't turn into "I love you".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1