• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oh! Great's Biorg Trinity Manga Ends in 2 Chapters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:10 pm Reply with quote
idk if the translations are up to date with the jp releases but its kinda unexpected o.O
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:40 pm Reply with quote
It's been clearly headed for the end game for four or five volumes now. This is not a story designed to go on forever.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I imagine Oh! Great's manga always had the tendency to be weird.

Does anyone know how does Biorg Trinity hold up? I mean, does anyone here think it's good?
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:21 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
I imagine Oh! Great's manga always had the tendency to be weird.

Does anyone know how does Biorg Trinity hold up? I mean, does anyone here think it's good?

I'm coming to it more as a fan of Maijo Otaro than Oh! Great (he's a better artist than he is a writer).

I would say it isn't always succeeding in what it's trying to do, but when it is it is pushing manga as a medium like nothing else running today. It lets Oh! Great play to his strengths (girls, spectacular visuals) and plays to Maijo's (being batshit insane, having surprisingly solid character beats that peek through the meta genre surrealistic commentary) as well.

It's in that boat with Southland Tales and Mother! where it's just too [expletive] weird for a lot of people to really like but those who get into it will probably spend quite a bit of time arguing that it's a misunderstood masterpiece.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
Thank god. Now he can focus on that Air Gear extra chapters.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
the previous comments are funny because, while I agree with ooh great being a better artist than writer, he is still an above average writer, but still I was expecting biorg trinity to be better because oh great is nto writing this one, just drawing, but it ended up being his worse work, well if we ignore half of his hentai work I mean, and only half, the other half is better than this.

so I am glad this is ending so either he paris up witha notehr writer or he keeps on making his stuff again, too bad that unlike the kenichi guy, oku hiroya, etc..., he does not has an assitant that copied his style perfectly and is also making manga.
ajr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, if scanlations are up to date with the Japanese releases, this is fairly unexpected plot-wise. I hope it didn't get the axe, because it's one of the most visually inventive manga I've read (the story isn't bad either if you can follow it, and it's structured in a way that really lets the visuals shine without letting them just be empty eye-candy).
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

I'm coming to it more as a fan of Maijo Otaro than Oh! Great (he's a better artist than he is a writer).

I would say it isn't always succeeding in what it's trying to do, but when it is it is pushing manga as a medium like nothing else running today. It lets Oh! Great play to his strengths (girls, spectacular visuals) and plays to Maijo's (being batshit insane, having surprisingly solid character beats that peek through the meta genre surrealistic commentary) as well.

It's in that boat with Southland Tales and Mother! where it's just too [expletive] weird for a lot of people to really like but those who get into it will probably spend quite a bit of time arguing that it's a misunderstood masterpiece.

I don't... like mother!, but I kinda like Southland Tales. So I guess that means it's good enough for me! Very Happy

Thanks for the insight.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
Been meaning to read this since Oh! Great is involved.
aswq

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
the previous comments are funny because, while I agree with ooh great being a better artist than writer, he is still an above average writer, but still I was expecting biorg trinity to be better because oh great is nto writing this one, just drawing, but it ended up being his worse work, well if we ignore half of his hentai work I mean, and only half, the other half is better than this.

so I am glad this is ending so either he paris up witha notehr writer or he keeps on making his stuff again, too bad that unlike the kenichi guy, oku hiroya, etc..., he does not has an assitant that copied his style perfectly and is also making manga.

That's probably because Oh great is good at starting up the manga, the story is simple, the characters although not being the most unique thing are nice and it has a lot of bang. Biorg Trinity does not have this, like the character design look like copies from Bakuman and not the usual Gure character design that we are used to from TT and AG, and the story beginning is also not Gure style and that's what get us in to liking TT and AG. (if only Oh! Great! didn't mess it all up midway D: )

Anyway, I will be waiting for his next manga, let it be a shounen so I will have a lot of time to enjoy it until he messes it up midway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1