• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, October 23-29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:13 am Reply with quote
Made in Abyss had, if not great, but at least decent sales. Smile

Also glad that Eromanga Sensei got such great sales.Take that, nay-sayers!... Very Happy

On the other hand, Re:CREATORS and Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul had surprisingly disappointing sales. Well, okay, perhaps not that surprising in the latter case...

Also, about that auto-play video underneath the article, finally got fed up enough and used ublock element blocker to stop any further instances of it on this site. Can't wait for Chrome to implement the stop auto-play feature they promised us a few months ago...
Amiantos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:54 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Made in Abyss had, if not great, but at least decent sales. Smile

Also glad that Eromanga Sensei got such great sales.Take that, nay-sayers!... Very Happy

On the other hand, Re:CREATORS and Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul had surprisingly disappointing sales. Well, okay, perhaps not that surprising in the latter case...

Also, about that auto-play video underneath the article, finally got fed up enough and used ublock element blocker to stop any further instances of it on this site. Can't wait for Chrome to implement the stop auto-play feature they promised us a few months ago...

I'm pretty sure they burnt a lot of people with Bait and Switch tactics in regards to Re;Creators. We were given an action packed first couple ep that slammed on the brakes afterwards and only have a couple moments of action here and there with a vast majority being exposition dumps and the show being a character drama. Pacing in various parts were horridly bad too. I can totally understand why the sales are what it is.

I find it pretty sleazy of ANN to have it auto play, should just be there and those who want to see it can hit play but those of us who don't every time we scroll down just a tad to far it blasts us with music.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:17 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Genocidal Organ getting somewhat decent sales (ok, they could have been better but they also could have been much worse...). Can't wait for Funi to release it in November.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:08 am Reply with quote
Yay for Eromanga and Granblue, as always!
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
Made in Abyss sales are pretty good but not record breaking. Hoping Amazon paid them enough for a S2 Mad
7jaws7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
I am very surprised Princess Principal outsold Made in Abyss even if by a slim margin. Don’t know if 5000 units sold will be enough to warrant a second season for either of them... Confused
movie_buff36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:26 am Reply with quote
Glad princess principal having great sales..cant wait for flip flappers releasing the dub version next year.. Granblue Fantasy selling like hotcakes...niceeee..cant wait for season 2..
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:37 am Reply with quote
I was hoping for Made in Abyss to do 7-8k, but almost 5k is very solid. I think it would have fared better if not for the three heavy hitters at top this week.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Pretty strong week overall. Glad to see Made in Abyss in that range. Hopefully this and other factors are enough to convince them that a sequel is a worthwhile investment.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Exciting that Granblue Fantasy was close to reaching 20,000 sales! Smile Very busy week!
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Aight so when is Monogatari Off Season's anime gonna be announced. Come on Aniplex, this is an easy 15k+ show after what, 30+ volumes? It's just a safe bet.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:04 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
I am very surprised Princess Principal outsold Made in Abyss even if by a slim margin. Don’t know if 5000 units sold will be enough to warrant a second season for either of them... Confused

It might if each BD volume for both series avg. 5000 units.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:23 pm Reply with quote
GBF domination! There's always something releasing in the same week as Monogatari to prevent it from being #1. Damn. Can't believe GK sold that much. WTF people! Come on. Buy Sins: NnT!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1