• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Apocrypha English Dub Debuts on Netflix

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I really don't see the logic in forcing people that want to watch it ASAP to wait for dubs that we (the people that want to watch it ASAP) don't even want.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I really don't see the logic in forcing people that want to watch it ASAP to wait for dubs that we (the people that want to watch it ASAP) don't even want.

It's an obligation that all Netflix Originals have an English dub.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Releasing an anime with a dub makes me want to watch it even more. Dubs are good. Netflix releasing them so fast is great. Only beaten by FUNimation really.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:26 pm Reply with quote
My issue is just holding it till the dub. They simulcast in Japan so just put subs on it and add the dub in later, everyone wins.

Insted Netflix waits for no reason, makes people who really want to watch it and discuss pirate it and keeps things from blowing up big because we can't get that week to week suspense and action.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote
You'd think with how big the talent pool is in LA, actors wouldn't have to pull double (or in Allegra Clark's case triple) duty when it came to dubs, but here we are.

That being said the few episodes of the dub I've seen aren't bad. Standouts to me are Erica Lindbeck's Mordred (though I thought it would have been cool is they got Kari Wahlgren to voice her since she is Saber's new voice and Mordred is her clone/daughter) and Faye Mata as best girl Astolfo.

Also Frankensteins Monster is probably one of the easiest roles Sarah Williams has ever done. All she has to do is grunt and yell occasionally.
SuiSeiKen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The first 12 episodes of the anime adaptation of TYPE-MOON and Yuichiro Higashide's Fate/Apocrypha novels premiered outside of Japan in multiple languages on Netflix on Tuesday.

No, only in the US + Canada.

Other countries have to wait until December 2.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
So is it on Netflix yet? Because i cant find it ....
chito895

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Is it available in Latin America? I can't find it.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I was kind of hoping Kari Wahlgren would play Jeanne d'Arc, in reference to Fate/Zero. Then again, Maaya Sakamoto isn't Ayako Kawasumi, so I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed.

Kougeru wrote:

I dunno, they probably want the option available to people in the first place. Otherwise, non-anime fans or casuals will try to select a dub and, upon seeing there isn't one, immediately file a complaint or not watch the show in the belief the dub will just never exist. Also, they want a binging option as well, hence no simulcast.

Now that I think about it, what they COULD do is do what Funimation did for Space Dandy and record both versions simultaneously. Then even if it takes until the anime ends, we at least gain about a month before we get them.

Last edited by Gemnist on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Releasing an anime with a dub makes me want to watch it even more. Dubs are good. Netflix releasing them so fast is great. Only beaten by FUNimation really.
Technically they win over Funimation sicne they are not rushing the dub process.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Technically they win over Funimation sicne they are not rushing the dub process.

Yet the Netflix dub has several actress playing 2 or 3 roles, presumably to save money, something that doesn't happen in a Funimation dub, unless it's an insanely long show like One Piece or Dragonball.

I say Funimation is the clear winner to be honest.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:53 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
they win over Funimation sicne they are not rushing the dub process.

Using that logic the worst dub is the original japanese dub that is done at break neck speed week by week.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

I don't see why FUNimation's way would count has rushed. They clearly have their whole logistic planned around this. Proof that they are still giving us quality products, we have some of their best dubs in this simuldub era. My Hero Academia, BBB and now Black Clover are some of FUNimation's best effort imo. Also Netflix supposedly giving us a better dub because they wait is a very flawed thought process. They could easily still give us a rushed dub. It's all a matter of planning and FUNimation clearly have it mastered.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Well I never started this since I’ve heard it’s one of the more mediocre Fate additions. It has English, Spanish, German, and Italian dubs for those that want them (and live in NA btw), but I personally only want the subbed. Guess I’ll check it out.
Edit: The German, Italian, and Spanish dubs are only available for episodes 1-3. The Japanese and English are available all 12.

Last edited by LegitPancake on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:32 pm Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
Is it available in Latin America? I can't find it.

As per the article, only the US & Canada (aside from Japan) have it now. Other areas will get it on December 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3