• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Promised Neverland, After the Rain, More Win 63rd Shogakukan Manga Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diorgenson4321

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting for the anime announcement.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:11 pm Reply with quote
C'mon Viz, Io Sakisaka's Blue Spring Ride and Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare are just WAITING for you to pick them up!

And don't you worry Kodansha / Vertical,

Diorgenson4321 wrote:

I think most of us manga readers are!
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Diorgenson4321 wrote:

It's only a matter of time.
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Diorgenson4321 wrote:

Then we find out shortly after that Pierrot nabbed the adaptation...
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
The Promised Neverland currently has 7 volumes. Do you guys think that's a healthy amount of content for an anime adaption that will probably run for a long time? I personally hope that more studios will follow the model Bones applied to My Hero Academia, but even considering breaks during production, 7 volumes doesn't sound like a lot, especially if you want an anime with decent pacing.

On the other hand My Hero Academia's anime adaption came roughly two years after the start of the manga, so if we get a The Promised Neverland adaption this Fall (which I think is very much possible), it could work.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:10 pm Reply with quote
#810704 wrote:
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Diorgenson4321 wrote:

Then we find out shortly after that Pierrot nabbed the adaptation...

Don't worry, Shueisha aren't that dumb to give the TPN anime to the incapable people over at Pierrot. TPN is too important for a bad anime.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Good for TPN. Definitely my favorite recent manga series.

I'm not sure how it'll bode as an anime, though. It is a very dark series. I could see it being toned down a bit as an anime.
Crystalblade13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Good for TPN. Definitely my favorite recent manga series.

I'm not sure how it'll bode as an anime, though. It is a very dark series. I could see it being toned down a bit as an anime.

Honestly, outside of chapter 1, the series hasn't had anything too crazy that'd need toning down.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:18 am Reply with quote
What? No talk about any of the other series?

Blackiris_ wrote:
The Promised Neverland currently has 7 volumes. Do you guys think that's a healthy amount of content for an anime adaption that will probably run for a long time? I personally hope that more studios will follow the model Bones applied to My Hero Academia, but even considering breaks during production, 7 volumes doesn't sound like a lot, especially if you want an anime with decent pacing.

On the other hand My Hero Academia's anime adaption came roughly two years after the start of the manga, so if we get a The Promised Neverland adaption this Fall (which I think is very much possible), it could work.

The Promised Neverland debuted about one year after Black Clover. If the pattern continues, we can expect an announcement between March and May and for the anime adaptation to debut during the last third of 2018.

Thorfinn wrote:
Don't worry, Shueisha aren't that dumb to give the TPN anime to the incapable people over at Pierrot. TPN is too important for a bad anime.

Shueisha handed Pierrot Black Clover. Say what you want about the quality of that series, but it's been a ratings winner ever since it got started. Clearly, they wanted to give Pierrot something to do.

Crystalblade13 wrote:
Honestly, outside of chapter 1, the series hasn't had anything too crazy that'd need toning down.

It does have some rather creepy imagery though. Coming to mind is a certain full-page panel in Chapter 50...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1