• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms Show Stars Takako Tokiwa, Former AKB48 Idol R

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeIsLiterature

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:13 am Reply with quote
I couldn't read the manga, as I couldn't find it anywhere. However, if it's as good as Kono Sekai no Katasumi Ni, I really wish this get an anime
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:32 am Reply with quote
Significantly August 6 for the air date of this new interpretation. (NHK総合 2018年8月6日(月)19:30~20:43)

http://www6.nhk.or.jp/nhkpr/post/original.html?i=13951
ericarreza

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:58 am Reply with quote
I hope there'll be an anime film version to this one, soon just like In This Corner of The World. And yes it is the same author to that original manga.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:05 am Reply with quote
Another notable Hiroshima-native manga-ka is Toshihiko Kobayashi, best known for the manga Pastel.
bronia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the English manga is out of print, which is pretty sad. It's a pretty gorgeous hard cover release that I would recommend to anyone- I still pick it up and re-read it sometimes. I'm excited that there is this sudden interest in Fumiyo Kouno's works on Hiroshima in Japan and elsewhere because she really does write beautiful stories.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:09 pm Reply with quote
bronia wrote:
Looks like the English manga is out of print, which is pretty sad. It's a pretty gorgeous hard cover release that I would recommend to anyone- I still pick it up and re-read it sometimes. I'm excited that there is this sudden interest in Fumiyo Kouno's works on Hiroshima in Japan and elsewhere because she really does write beautiful stories.
That is pretty sad because these are enduring stories. Stories which need to be re-read and re-told over and over again. Fairly important to note then too -in that regard- that the upcoming live action drama is tied in with anniversaries for the local broadcaster and this town of global significance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1