• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mamoru Hosoda's Mirai of the Future Anime Film Unveils Main Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Great cast!

Is it just me or is the movie going to getting separate Canadian and American dubs?
JRPictures

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:42 pm Reply with quote
michaeltanzer wrote:
Great cast!

Is it just me or is the movie going to getting separate Canadian and American dubs?

Just you, GKIDS will probably hire one of their regular studios (NYAV Post or Studiopolis most likely) to dub the film and said dub will be used for all the English speaking territories. Not to mention the Canadian licencor has no apparent history of dubbing films before.

Last edited by JRPictures on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
JRPictures wrote:
michaeltanzer wrote:
Great cast!

Just you, GKIDS will probably hire one of their regular studios (NYAV Post or Studiopolis most likely) to dub the film and said dub will be used flr all the English speaking territories. Not to mention the Canadian licencor has no apparent history of dubbing films before.

No offence but, I think the movie will have two separate English dubs (One for Canada and One for the USA). Right?
JRPictures

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:09 pm Reply with quote
michaeltanzer wrote:
JRPictures wrote:
michaeltanzer wrote:
Great cast!

Just you, GKIDS will probably hire one of their regular studios (NYAV Post or Studiopolis most likely) to dub the film and said dub will be used flr all the English speaking territories. Not to mention the Canadian licencor has no apparent history of dubbing films before.

No offence but, I think the movie will have two separate English dubs (One for Canada and One for the USA). Right?

How is that offending me? And what makes you even think that is possible? Did you not read what I replied to you above about why that wont happen?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:31 pm Reply with quote
its just something he believes will happen. just like he believes that funimation will license and dub every new pokemon series and movie that gets announced. Don't waste your time, he wont listen
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1