• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam NT Unveiled as New UC Anime Set After Unicorn

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 am Reply with quote
So the fandom joke of Unicorn being irrelevant outside its own narrative has actually been made canon? Wow. I'm kind of speechless.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:17 am Reply with quote
That Gundam Narrative design looks absolutely lame but...

...something tells me that's on purpose. It looks like the "bare bones" base of something with a large number of customizable parts/add ons that will be revealed later.
The other two are suitably cool looking (I like the phoenix tails helping to stabilize the thing for display).
I'll withhold judgement until it starts to air.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:35 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
So the fandom joke of Unicorn being irrelevant outside its own narrative has actually been made canon? Wow. I'm kind of speechless.

Yeah, how dare something that started as a non-canonical light novel series not be referenced by Victory or F91. Rolling Eyes
Amiantos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:37 am Reply with quote
NT is likely to be a film that follows those 3 throughout 0079, 0087, 0093 and 0096. My guess is the female or red head is the one who steals the Phenex in the Diver City short that was shown a couple years back. Forgot the name of the short "something one of something?" Then the 2nd/3rd act will focus this and the events leading to the retrieval.
This is speculation but I have a solid basis so hear me out guys.
Red Head is listed as Jona Bashta with katakana ヨナ バショタ
Girl is Rita Bernal リタ ベルナル \
Both are listed as Phenex Pilots according the wikia.

Zorutan Ashikanen ゾルタン アシカネン
This is likely the 3rd child in the pv and his art shows him in sleeves attire.

Plot will likely mainly revolve around the time frame of the Sinanju Stein which was also shown to when the NT-D Types were shown in the short. Rita is the one who is most likely piloting the Phenex when stolen and my guess is Zorutan convinced her to steal it? But also never follows through? With the federation seeing the true scope of what the Unicorn and Banshee Norn were able to do they task Jona to retrieve the Phenex as they know they have a past together. Zorutan will likely fit in there some how too since the face of sleeves is gone now.

Edit: The short I was thinking of is One of Seventy Two.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:36 am Reply with quote
Woooooo Katoki! And the stein making a actual anime appearance.

Definitely like that the character isn't a high school kid, with actual military training! (Although in gundam universe that'll probably mean he suck as a pilot).

The actual gundam is clearly unfinished, it's based on the Nu gundam, so I'm guessing it'll be revealed to be something like the unicorn prototype/basic frame.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:39 am Reply with quote
The protagonist is Australian. I don't care what anyone says; he'd better have an australian accent.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 am Reply with quote
Not a great idea to tacitly state your last OVA had no impact on the UC universe. I loved Gundam Unicorn, even if obviously Laplace’s Box hadn’t affected the later F91/V era, by virtue of those having been produced much earlier. But this also looks to be worth checking out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quote
Hmm. This is interesting.

It's set in roughly the same time frame of Gundam Twilight Axis, which kinda actually connects Unicorn with F91. Twilight Axis was all about getting psychoframes though, so I really wonder what Narrative will be about. Something about it really reminds me of the Advance of Zeta side stories.

If they're really planning for the next 100 years of UC, then I really think they're still testing the waters before dipping into the Crossbone Vanguard era. My hope that they'll remake/expand F91 doesn't seem far-fetched now.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 am Reply with quote
Oh yay, More official fan-fiction that only serves to render the previous fanfic series even more irrelevant than it already was and beat the dead horse of the One Year War further!
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:25 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
More official fan-fiction

That's an oxymoron, but I expect you know that and are just trying to use "fan-fiction" as an insult rather than its actual meaning. Rolling Eyes

Western fans can complain about Unicorn all they want, but at the end of the day it's not a giant AU suit standing outside of Gundam Base Tokyo.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:36 am Reply with quote
edit: nevermind

Last edited by Kicksville on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
AkaRed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:47 am Reply with quote
I'm intrigued, I bet this entry will be necessary to tie the knot with later UC entries.

Anyway GET HYPE !
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
Cool; I am interested. Hopefully it is a well made show/movie series.
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
Now they'll put Char's mind on a toaster than can pilot mechas while the MC will be a 64 year old man.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, so Gundam UC NT is the next film project, 00 continuation is presumably the next episodic project, and hints at Hathaway's Flash being made into something too? Gundam seems to be doing quite well in recent years!

Lord Dcast wrote:
The protagonist is Australian. I don't care what anyone says; he'd better have an australian accent.
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!

Ayyy, preach!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3