• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utawarerumono Zan Action Game's Trailer Reveals September 27 Release Date

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:59 pm Reply with quote
So an Utawarerumono Musou style game.. I'd play it..
Almost curious as to where along the plot this game will fall.. and if they add anymore to the story with this.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Given the set of characters who appear to be playable (particularly Jachtwaldt and Ukon), if this game's story is going to be canon, there's actually a pretty narrow window of time during Mask of Deception in which this could take place; it'd make the most sense for it to be right after the war with Uzurussha ends. Of course, there's a few seconds in the trailer where they show a fight between spoiler[Oshtor and Vurai's akuruturuka forms], which is at the very end of MoD, so who knows.

It'd be cool if it took the opportunity to expand some more on the development of characters who didn't get quite as much focus in the games, but I suspect it may just be a plot-lite version of Mask of Deception that just moves from one fight to another as an excuse for beating up enemies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1