• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Spring 2018, May 13-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Very happy about the rise of LoGH DNT, an excellent series that does not get much attention aside from astonishing amount of hate in the beginning.
Crext

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:42 am Reply with quote
HINAMATSURI, MEGALOBOX and the rise of and increasing quality in Legend of the Galactic Heroes are the ones I think I will remember past the season of the new entries. All of these hits highlights in their respective genre of "comedy", "sports" and "science fiction/politics" genres for me (so far this year, though we're only half way through).

I actually haven't been able to watch the most recent Darling in the Franxx episodes, but I see that it keeps swinging like never before, so I guess I should get to that before some spoiler hits me in the face. I think Zero Two is probably the best waifu candidate so far this year (as there's basically been no other grade A waifus imo), and she's probably the only reason why I'm being pulled back in time and time again.

I have to admit I'm a bit worried about returning "fan favorites" dominating the top, though I guess it can't be helped as they're mostly big guns.

#3. Lupin the Third: Part 5
#4. Steins;Gate 0
#5. Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
#6. My Hero Academia (season 3)

I'm kinda at fault myself for pushing the Steins;Gate 0 where I know it's my fan-frenzy that push it into scores it perhaps doesn't deserve (though it's not bad by any means).
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:50 am Reply with quote
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory sure took a dive, I haven't been watching it as I'm waiting for the Blu-Ray so I can listen to the dub, so I'm curries to know what has caused this reaction. Episode 2 did well in the rankings and that was the one with the 3DCG car chase, whtat's this done to top that?
Key

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:16 am Reply with quote
^
The only reason I can think of is that it goes to a new setting and focuses more on a new girl. I didn't rate it as having a substantial quality drop-off, so I'll be curious to see how long that dip lasts. (Episode 6 is currently scoring a bit higher in the community poll.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1