• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Bleach Film Adds 5 Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Souta Fukushi as Ichigo, Ryo Yoshizawa as Ishida, and now Erina Mano as Orihime? Seriously, whoever was casting this movie must be a gigantic Fourze fan.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:16 am Reply with quote
Why do some people insist on making live action films of such anime (which were perfect to begin with) that require so much CGI that it may as well be considered animated film? Why bother? It's almost a remake at that point. Yeah yeah. Ka-ching.
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:00 am Reply with quote
That's not very interesting at all. Where is the beautiful orange hair? Not to say the actresses' hair isn't beautiful but Masaki had orange hair, not black. Why leave that part out? Was orange hair dye too expensive? Rolling Eyes

Oh well, I guess the last thing I'm holding out for is how they handle her spoiler[dying wish scene ](if it's even in this adaptation).
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:52 am Reply with quote
I'm so looking forward to this film but admit I'm not a fan of Masaki not having the right coloured hair and the same goes for Urahara, his blonde hair and hat was the thing that stood out for me. I always assumed that Ichigo had such vivid hair colour due to his Mum.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
That's not very interesting at all. Where is the beautiful orange hair? Not to say the actresses' hair isn't beautiful but Masaki had orange hair, not black. Why leave that part out? Was orange hair dye too expensive? Rolling Eyes

Oh well, I guess the last thing I'm holding out for is how they handle her spoiler[dying wish scene ](if it's even in this adaptation).

Dude, anime hair colors aren't meant to be taken literally. 99% of Japanese people have jet-black hair. It would be really hard to tell characters apart if they all had realistic hair colors.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Sobe wrote:

Dude, anime hair colors aren't meant to be taken literally. 99% of Japanese people have jet-black hair. It would be really hard to tell characters apart if they all had realistic hair colors.

Yeah except for the fact that Ichigos hair is a defining characteristic that he got from his mother. Feels weird that her hair inst the same as his.
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Sobe wrote:

That's funny seeing as how manga is typical grayscale except for special color pages. Rolling Eyes You already can't tell them apart by hair color because they're a shade of gray. And in the anime, it's not like the hair color is made different for OUR benefit. Hair color is different as apart of the character's personal attributes and sometimes plot.

Part of the reason why Ichigo grew up the way he did is because of all the hard times and discrimination he faced with bright orange hair in a sea of black and dark brown hair.

Ichigo has his signature orange hair and yet both his parents have black hair? Funny how the main character gets one of his defining attributes and yet they couldn't spare any budget for the main character's mother's appearance? Logic - 0, Just Because - 1.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1