• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, May 28-June 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:49 am Reply with quote
Great to see Gochuumon movie sold as high as 15k copies, while Yuuki Yuuna is at 7800 copies and Love Live Sunshine Second Season Volume 6 is doing excellently at 33k copies. Might not be as ground breaking as the second season of Love Live School Idol Project but it is still a number most anime struggled to achieved. Here's hoping for that third season for Gochuumon! Slow Start and Koizumi-san might be doing badly but at least there's still a lot of shows that I looked forward to that attained such good sales.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 am Reply with quote
Huh, Blend S vol 6 actually had a higher first week than Blend S vol 1. Going to guess there was some sort of incentive that drove more otaku to pick it up.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:28 am Reply with quote
I’m glad to see The Ancient Magus’ Bride and Land of the Lustrous selling decently. Seeing the numbers for Amanchu! Advance has me a little down as I hoped that it would perform better as I’ve personally been really enjoying it this season.
Crext

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering why the disparity in Ryuu's Work is Never Done's anime disc sales and light novel sales are so high. It was 3rd in light novel sales only behind Overlord and Re:Zero (barely). animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-05-31/top-selling-light-novels-by-series-in-japan-2018/.132246
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
I’m glad to see The Ancient Magus’ Bride and Land of the Lustrous selling decently.

In this day and age anything over 5k is not decent, but rather good.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Joshua Zarate wrote:
I’m glad to see The Ancient Magus’ Bride and Land of the Lustrous selling decently.

In this day and age anything over 5k is not decent, but rather good.

I didn’t want nor expected someone to turn this into a semantics issue. Decent and good are synonyms anyway, so I just used the first word that came to my head, especially since they were not the best-selling items in this week’s ranking.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:54 pm Reply with quote
At the very least I can see how many units Land of the Lustrous sold because there's no way I can in that other website. Hopefully it raises the chance of this getting a S2.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:58 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Great to see Gochuumon movie sold as high as 15k copies, while Yuuki Yuuna is at 7800 copies and Love Live Sunshine Second Season Volume 6 is doing excellently at 33k copies. Might not be as ground breaking as the second season of Love Live School Idol Project but it is still a number most anime struggled to achieved. Here's hoping for that third season for Gochuumon! Slow Start and Koizumi-san might be doing badly but at least there's still a lot of shows that I looked forward to that attained such good sales.

Well, certain Cute Girls Doing Cute Things-type shows often sell well in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1