• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - A Quick One While He's Away

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alkzy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:56 am Reply with quote
See you all at AX!
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:04 am Reply with quote
Re: AoT S3, apparently Isayama said that they are making some significant changes to the anime, so hopefully that means they're trimming the arc down somewhat.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:55 am Reply with quote
Everyone complains about AoT's coup d'état arc. Since I'm anime-only and have managed to avoid spoilers all these years… it really that bad?
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:42 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Everyone complains about AoT's coup d'état arc. Since I'm anime-only and have managed to avoid spoilers all these years… it really that bad?

Most people agree that it's not as good as the arc that came before it, but I don't think it's that bad.

One of it's biggest problems is that it's the arc that started pretty much right after the first season finished airing back in 2013. Lots of people turned to scanlation sites to see what happened after the anime ended, and probably found it very jarring that the arc lacked many of the anime's most widely-popular elements.

Also, since the coup d'état arc, Attack on Titan arcs have kind of fallen into a pattern of strong starts and finishes, but meandering middle bits. I often spend each new arc feeling like the story isn't living up to the hype that was generated by the end of the previous arc, only to get re-energized by the arc's finale.

(There's also the very real phenomenon of people moving through the archives of a manga at a very quick pace without really giving time between chapters to reflect on the story, and then suddenly being faced with having a whole month between installments to think about the story's less polished elements.)

If you compare it to the rest of the series, yeah, it's not as good as anything that comes before it or after it, and it's too long. But it isn't terrible.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

("coup d'état arc" is a spoiler lol.)

The arc may seem to drag to complainers as it lies between AoT's originally planned end point.I enjoyed reading about the whosits&whatsits of the world within the Walls,so what do I know..
arromdee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:58 pm Reply with quote
One thing I found odd in Jurassic World 2 was when they revealed the granddaughter to be a clone and didn't do anything with it. I was expecting them to have her able to control the dinosaurs with pheromones.
SirLargeness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:27 am Reply with quote
is this show dead?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:04 am Reply with quote
SirLargeness wrote:
is this show dead?

Nope, just an extended hiatus. We'll be back in August.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1