• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Adds The Seven Deadly Sins: Seven Days, Love in Focus, Witch Hat Atelier Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Did they say anything about Fairy Tail Masters Edition at the panel? It feels like it's been forever since the fifth one came out...
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy that "Witch Hat" got picked up, I am absolutely loving the series so far and I'll be sure to buy this official English print release.

Also I think it's cool that Kodansha is going to be releasing BL and Yuri manga. I've heard that "10 Dance" is popular in Japan. I don't know much about "Yuri Is My Job!" but I'll check it, I'm not so sure about that summary after re-reading it.

Last edited by HoboSoup on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Calico

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Witch Hat Atelier is excellent, and I'm excited that it's being brought over. I'm also happy that Kodansha will be venturing into bl and yuri.
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:26 pm Reply with quote
The fact that Eden's Zero is getting a fast release in October the SAME month that Japan is getting the manga release is crazy, not even The Seven Deadly Sins and My Hero Academia got released that fast, it shows that Kodansha has tremendous faith in Eden's Zero, I really hope this series does well.
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Thank You for getting 10 Dance and Hitorijime!!!

I have a question are they getting a print release?
Calico

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:49 pm Reply with quote
@SonicFanA Yes, all of the titles that Kodansha announced today will be getting print releases.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:49 pm Reply with quote
That’s awesome that Kodansha will be releasing yuri and BL manga now.
katscradle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I bet a bunch of people are saying to themselves finally Witch Hat Atelier!

But, I’m legit checking what year it is with other English publishers starting to pick up BL books now. Don’t think I’ll buy Hitorijime My Hero though since the announcement reminds me I never finished watching the anime.

10 Dance has a bit of a drawn-out publishing history and different aesthetics. So I’m a little hesitant to put it in the same category honestly. And… I see checking social media the semantic battles have already begun. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop But, I may pick it up since I used to be into ballroom dance.

I have been trying to support almost every yuri title that comes out in English. However, Yuri Is My Job! is not one that was on my radar at all before being licensed. Still, it sounds like it could be funny.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 pm Reply with quote
They say they’re gonna restock the Akira box set, but I just want them to sell them individually, or even digitally. I really don’t want that big box (nor can I afford it all at once), and I don’t really want to buy the current left-to-right volumes.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I am so happy Witch Hat Atelier has gotten license. I figure it was a matter of time. While I have not yet read the manga I have heard of it from a manga blog a while back and the plot feels like it would be too my liking (plus from reading the summery of the story it looks to be similar to Little Witch Academia by studio TRIGGER, but with a different tone from the looks of it). Also, the art work is reminiscent of what I have seen in children's book, and I like that. Now I want a release date. I am prepare preorder the manga.

Also the summery of Yuri Is My Job! by Miman interest me. I think I will check that out as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:51 pm Reply with quote
If I recall correctly there are quite a few yuri manga being released around January 2019 but I'll always welcome more.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:40 am Reply with quote
Not surprised that Edens Zero is getting a physical release, and I can't wait to start collecting it! Although I think my shelf may say otherwise if it could talk. >.>
Also planning on getting both the collection of Mashima's stories and the Laxus spin-off.
lys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
I am so happy Witch Hat Atelier has gotten license. [...] Now I want a release date. I am prepare preorder the manga.

March 2019! It's mentioned in the article :) (the planned release dates are listed at the end of each new title summary.)
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:

March 2019! It's mentioned in the article Smile (the planned release dates are listed at the end of each new title summary.)

Oh, I see.Thanks! Smile I was scanning through the article last night to see if a release date was mention and it would appear I missed it. However that is such a long wait. Oh well! I can imagine it takes a while to translate manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Not surprised that Edens Zero is getting a physical release, and I can't wait to start collecting it! Although I think my shelf may say otherwise if it could talk. >.>
Also planning on getting both the collection of Mashima's stories and the Laxus spin-off.

The best story out of all of them is the last one, "Fighting Group Mixture". It is without a doubt one of the funniest damn things Hiro has written.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1