• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee! Nintendo Switch Games' Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 am Reply with quote
I wasn't on the fence about this game at all. I want this game... now seeing the hairstyles... I want them even more! OH MAN! SO CUTE! Shut up and take my money!

Also side-note: Magikarp! Hehe... That was genius showing Magikarp on land.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
I was really dissappointed that this isn't an Gen 8 but rather an remake of an Gen 1, it makes me boycotting this game for good!

(sorry for my poor English)
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
Eevees haven't always had the tail differentiation between males and females, right?

I wonder if they're going to add this detail to Pokemon Go since the Pikachu currently have their male and female tails. I'm for it!

The hairstyles on the Pokemon are a bit silly, but it is nice to have more customization!

Really looking forward to this game, November can't come soon enough. And I really really hope they announce a portable only version of the Switch next year that's smaller than the current version so I don't have to sit and angst while my boyfriend is playing games on the Switch when I wanna play Pokemon.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 am Reply with quote
Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY
CycloneJoker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
I was really dissappointed that this isn't an Gen 8 but rather an remake of an Gen 1, it makes me boycotting this game for good!

You know we're still getting Gen 8 almost certainly next year, right? Yeah, I think it's a weird move for a remake to be the first Pokemon game on a new system too, but this has quite clearly been marketed as a side game and should be treated as such. Besides, the primary audience is clearly GO players in order to see if they can be enticed into the far more enjoyable main series. Getting mad that this exists is just expending energy that is best spent elsewhere.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:43 pm Reply with quote
CycloneJoker wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

You know we're still getting Gen 8 almost certainly next year, right? Yeah, I think it's a weird move for a remake to be the first Pokemon game on a new system too, but this has quite clearly been marketed as a side game and should be treated as such. Besides, the primary audience is clearly GO players in order to see if they can be enticed into the far more enjoyable main series. Getting mad that this exists is just expending energy that is best spent elsewhere.

I know about that, but i wonder if they are going to remake Gen 2 to the Switch too, i wonder if this kind of thing would be boring too. I guess they had officially stopping producing too much Geneneration of Pokemon altogether.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:06 pm Reply with quote
And the eternal mystery of how Brock can see continues to endure...
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm Reply with quote
So I can make my Pikachu look like Sparky from the anime? Cute.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:06 pm Reply with quote
The customization aspect in this game reminds me of how you could dress Mario in different costumes in Super Mario Odyssey. But, I have to say that costumes look a lot cuter on Pikachu and Eevee. I was very skeptical about these games, but trust me, I'm now sold. I plan on pre-ordering these games when I get the chance (and the money).

By the way, anyone who wonders what I'm talking about when it comes to dressing your character up in costume should think about getting Odyssey whenever they get the chance. It's the best Mario game I've ever played, not to mention the first one I beat.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
CycloneJoker wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

I know about that, but i wonder if they are going to remake Gen 2 to the Switch too, i wonder if this kind of thing would be boring too. I guess they had officially stopping producing too much Geneneration of Pokemon altogether.

Unfortunately they're saying that if Pokemon LGP/E is successful they will continue the LG brand as a series. =/

Like I get that not every game that is released can be for me, and that's fine. But a GameFreak Pokemon being completely and totally not for me? That's a first (excluding third versions, which are very similar to the original release which is why I don't always get them). I always counted on GF to make and release Pokemon games I wanted. And I was really excited when a Pokemon game might be coming out for the Switch this year. Lord knows my Switch needs it, because as a Wii U owner it has been one dry console. But then it turned out to be this.

I am most intrigued by the OST, as I do like the music from Generation I, and having it be orchestrated (although I haven't listened close enough to be able to parse if it's synthesized or not) makes it pretty exciting. I also hope that since now Eevee has a female design they will cut off the whole Eevee (and other Pokemon with the same) being majority male deal.

But overall I would not enjoy these games. I would not enjoy the unambitious 2.5D remake of Kanto, only having the original 151 Pokemon, the Pokemon GO wild Pokemon system, and worst of all the forced Gyro controls for catching Pokemon in handheld mode.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:
CycloneJoker wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

Unfortunately they're saying that if Pokemon LGP/E is successful they will continue the LG brand as a series. =/

Like I get that not every game that is released can be for me, and that's fine. But a GameFreak Pokemon being completely and totally not for me? That's a first (excluding third versions, which are very similar to the original release which is why I don't always get them). I always counted on GF to make and release Pokemon games I wanted. And I was really excited when a Pokemon game might be coming out for the Switch this year. Lord knows my Switch needs it, because as a Wii U owner it has been one dry console. But then it turned out to be this.

I am most intrigued by the OST, as I do like the music from Generation I, and having it be orchestrated (although I haven't listened close enough to be able to parse if it's synthesized or not) makes it pretty exciting. I also hope that since now Eevee has a female design they will cut off the whole Eevee (and other Pokemon with the same) being majority male deal.

But overall I would not enjoy these games. I would not enjoy the unambitious 2.5D remake of Kanto, only having the original 151 Pokemon, the Pokemon GO wild Pokemon system, and worst of all the forced Gyro controls for catching Pokemon in handheld mode.

And what exactly is the issue with this running as a series concurrently with the mainline series?
wii800

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 pm Reply with quote
i wonder if this is a test for the new gen, and i dare say a console version
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:47 pm Reply with quote
wii800 wrote:
i wonder if this is a test for the new gen, and i dare say a console version

Nothing to wonder about. They've confirmed gen 8 is on the Switch.

This release is so they can fold more of the Pokemon Go crowd into the mainline games and work out all the kinks and bugs that would come from changing consoles.
JB_Gra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:31 am Reply with quote
As someone who never had the chance to buy and play 1st. gen. Pokémon games (thanks, stingy parents), LGP/E are making me seriously consider buying a switch for the first time.

Plus, I would like my daughter to enjoy videogames as much as their parents do. She kinda looks like she may enjoy Pokémon... Probably.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of gen 1 and I haven't kept up with the games in about a decade so I'm really excited about this and the chance to play G1 with modern graphics. I grew up playing Pokemon Yellow on my Game Boy Color but sadly my copy of it no longer works properly so I'm excited about being able to revisit G1. I love how Misty and Brock look and I'm so excited Jessie, James, and Meowth are going to be in the game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1