• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2018: Attack on Titan Season 3 Premiere Report

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
the real thing the VAs haven't answered though is on whether or notspoiler[ mikasa , levy and kenny are all related considering their part of the same clan]. definitely would have make the drama a little to look at and more impactfull if she was able to find out about it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:15 pm Reply with quote
So I got to see the subbed version of AoT's movie 2 and season 3 opener in theaters and it was glorious. I am very much looking forwards to this upcoming season.

Also, Yuuki Kaji. I want to meet him in real life. He is so damn adorable in every interview and talk/variety show I've seen him in, and his passion is second to none. "Levi-heichou." Yup. <3
minidynz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited for AoT S3 this coming Sunday. I can't wait to see the whole characters especially, Levi and Mikasa. Does anyone knows how many episodes? because I have no idea how many it is.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:10 pm Reply with quote
minidynz wrote:
I'm so excited for AoT S3 this coming Sunday. I can't wait to see the whole characters especially, Levi and Mikasa. Does anyone knows how many episodes? because I have no idea how many it is.

I'm pretty positive that it's a full 24 episodes long. Which makes me SO happy.

Also more Levi. I need more Levi in my life. Embarassed
casenumber00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:38 am Reply with quote
From reading the manga, this is where the story goes downhill. It doesnt get bad but you can see the shift in gears to its priorities. This is largely due to this part in the manga being released shortly after the anime aired in 2013. When AoT became a sudden hit, you can feel that the editor or the publisher, or both, wanted their ideas to be put into the story leaving less of the mangaka's plans to come to fruition. What I think happened is, the mangaka had a set story in mind and had a set finite time to publish his story, but, the anime made it popular so the publisher wanted to change the story so they could keep milking it as long as possible and the story suffered because of this. Lastly, if you like AoT, go play Muv Luv Alternative visual novel, the author was heavily inspired at its grim tale and seems to be a friend to one of its creators.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:03 pm Reply with quote
casenumber00 wrote:
From reading the manga, this is where the story goes downhill. It doesnt get bad but you can see the shift in gears to its priorities. This is largely due to this part in the manga being released shortly after the anime aired in 2013. When AoT became a sudden hit, you can feel that the editor or the publisher, or both, wanted their ideas to be put into the story leaving less of the mangaka's plans to come to fruition. What I think happened is, the mangaka had a set story in mind and had a set finite time to publish his story, but, the anime made it popular so the publisher wanted to change the story so they could keep milking it as long as possible and the story suffered because of this. Lastly, if you like AoT, go play Muv Luv Alternative visual novel, the author was heavily inspired at its grim tale and seems to be a friend to one of its creators.
that's just you, a lot of people think otherwise
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:43 am Reply with quote
Sounds great, so excited for it to start.

Time Bandit wrote:
minidynz wrote:

I'm pretty positive that it's a full 24 episodes long. Which makes me SO happy.

Also more Levi. I need more Levi in my life. Embarassed

Awesome.
danpmss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote
sim0n2170 wrote:
casenumber00 wrote:

In fact, most people consider it an actual masterpiece (or at least one great manga) for what it came to be from the overarching of plot devices started in this very arc. This season will cover the content which decided to many people why Shingeki isn't some other overhyped garbage with cool scenes, but an actually fantastic tale indeed.

And heck, with my friends' experience was just like that too (mine, well, I was a big fan from the start, because of the mistery, and was very satisfied to see that all the pieces of the puzzle came together so satisfactorily well).
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
In fact, most people consider it an actual masterpiece (or at least one great manga) for what it came to be from the overarching of plot devices started in this very arc. This season will cover the content which decided to many people why Shingeki isn't some other overhyped garbage with cool scenes, but an actually fantastic tale indeed.

And heck, with my friends' experience was just like that too (mine, well, I was a big fan from the start, because of the mistery, and was very satisfied to see that all the pieces of the puzzle came together so satisfactorily well).

This. I don't follow many manga (not because I don't want to, I simply don't have the time), but this one I do. The story continues to evolve and so do the characters. As far as season 3 is concerned, I'm a huge fan of lore, and this season is gonna be full of it.

I too was a fan from the start. My husband knew a bit about it, because of the multiple (haha, understatement... Anime hyper ) times I've rewatched the series, but after going to see the 2nd movie and 3rd season opener with me in the theater, he's actually binge watching all of the first and second seasons with me to prepare for season 3. I think thats pretty cool.
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
So if this season gets to the part were spoiler[Kenny dies] is anyone gonna be surprised to see that scene accompanied by a certain well known quote from South Park?
Starbuckets

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:55 am Reply with quote
sim0n2170 wrote:
casenumber00 wrote:
Ditto. In my humble opinion SnK got significantly more compelling starting from chapter 35 onwards.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1