• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix, Dempagumi.inc's Dearstage Unveil Virtual Idol Group 'Gems Company'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyrantValvatorez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
Is Square heaving money or something? Their jumping on the idol bandwagon five years too late. Between this and Fujoshibait 15 they seem rather desperate for Otaku money.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:37 am Reply with quote
I feel like these were hashed so half-heartedly... i like VR idol youtubers. But these characters look like base models with a little flair on them. Not only that the audio is really odd. They sound like they were recorded in a room with no sound proofing or anything. The idols were mumbling so much I couldn't understand them at all and secondly why are their voice off sync!?!? It's like they voiced the models after they did the movements. Very lack-luster indeed.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:41 am Reply with quote
TyrantValvatorez wrote:
Is Square heaving money or something? Their jumping on the idol bandwagon five years too late. Between this and Fujoshibait 15 they seem rather desperate for Otaku money.

FFXV sold well, Octopath Traveler is still constantly sold out. They're not bleeding money. I think they're just getting too greedy and are trying to compete with Deresute and LLSIF. They won't get too far with this since those are nearly too big to fail.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:35 pm Reply with quote
TyrantValvatorez wrote:

As long as they do not put a self-insert guy or male version of this project, then I am down with this. For now, I am not hyped.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:34 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
TyrantValvatorez wrote:

As long as they do not put a self-insert guy or male version of this project, then I am down with this. For now, I am not hyped.

I'll take a self insert as long as he can date the idols, if he can't date them then, no dice. I don't want a male idol version, that's been played out.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:54 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I'll take a self insert as long as he can date the idols, if he can't date them then, no dice.

That is wonderful! Let us make this original by including some generic harem guy who dates the girls like he is the luckiest guy in the world! Excellent idea! Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1