• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD Game Launches for PS4, Xbox One

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:21 am Reply with quote
number 1 that defeats the purpose of a pocket edition by putting it on the home consoles, and number 2 why play the chibi version when you can play the original on the same systems? (minus the switch)
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:19 am Reply with quote
So does this game manage to tell FFXV’s story in a more compelling, or at least coherent manner, or is it just the exact same game built using inferior chibi assets?
Erza Farron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:34 am Reply with quote
Hum, excellent! This week I'm going to buy PSN cards to take the game.
I very much liked the normal version, why not replay with this version? It will be interesting to rediscover the game.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:47 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
number 1 that defeats the purpose of a pocket edition by putting it on the home consoles, and number 2 why play the chibi version when you can play the original on the same systems? (minus the switch)

Because the pocket edition is a more streamilined version of the game and playing the console version of the game in no way mitigates anyone from playing the pocket edition?

Especially since most of the people who've already played the pocket edition on mobile likely already played the console version before touching the former. It's just now if you're the type that's skittish about playing games on your smartphone or tablet you can now play on a traditional gaming device.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Is this the normal game with a different art style or are there other changes like the combat or exploration being very different?

I'd rather play it with this kinda silly art style than the normal one.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I get this for underpowered consoles and mobile devices, but having it on PS4 and Xbone just seems...redundant to me. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe it cuts down on the playtime for the central plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1