• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Strike The Movie: Sora no Kanata Anime Film's Character Trailer Previews Sora

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scytalle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:00 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting to see what this movie ends up looking like. There are a lot of Monster Strike players in Japan, so I'm sure it will do well in that sense, but the anime seasons thus far have been underwhelming, aside from the latest spinoff with Lucy and the other angels. Hopefully they maintain their current momentum

A bit disappointed that once again we're going to get Ryoma and Kamui as two of the main monsters. It would be nice to see some fresh faces, the cast of monsters from the game is so large after all. They already had the CG done though, so I suppose it's cheaper to go with those characters. The humans are different from previous anime seasons, so it looks like we're going to have to recontextualize Ryoma's relationship with new protagonists.

Also Kamui and Hanzo have helmets, I wonder if we'll see their faces at all. Kamui didn't even talk in the previous seasons.

Lastly, pretty happy with how the 3DCG looks. Either it's really grown on me, or the quality is getting better as XFlag pours more money and time into their anime projects.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Not sure what to expect from this but that was a nice trailer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1