• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime Reveals 2nd Promo Video, October 6 TV Premiere (Updated)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow 4 cour show although I have a feeling they will break it into 2 split cours. Either way, that's a lot of SAO coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Four cours, huh? Regardless of whether or not it’s split in some way, we’ve just about doubled the number of episodes in the series, though I’ve heard that the arc in question is longer and could warrant so many episodes. They’re running out of time to announce a wider run for the premiere before it starts airing, but then again that just means it is premiering soon anyways.
Koda89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I, for one, am ok with a year of SAO. It is a dumb, fun little series that admittedly has many flaws.

I am, however, not looking forward to the year of constant complaining this season will bring with it.

At least anime YouTubers will have their bills covered for the next year+. Laughing
Key

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 am Reply with quote
I'm really irritated that they haven't announced a wider debut for the first episode. Based on the attendance I saw at the movie showing, this would have mostly filled theaters.

An official announcement of four cours should to put to rest the concerns about the pacing. In fact, if anything I think that may be too slow, as some of the novels definitely don't warrant the nearly five full episodes allotted to them.

But we'll see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Wow 4 cour show although I have a feeling they will break it into 2 split cours. Either way, that's a lot of SAO coming.

Well, "full year" would indicate 52 epi. However, the way article is worded, it sounds like it will be 52 continuous weeks outside of Golden Week or other interrupted broadcasts.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:50 am Reply with quote
The trailer looked awesome. I’m currently on the first novel of this arc and so I need to push it into high gear if I want to be a decent way into the story when the anime premieres.

But the animation looks tight and the colors look really vibrant.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:38 am Reply with quote
New season looks good, and LiSA never disappoints. I've heard the Alicization arc is the best, and with the news of four cours, I'm looking forward to the characters and (presumably) the new world being fleshed out.
we love lain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:56 am Reply with quote
looks like the digital effects/composotion team on this season of SAO are taking a page from Ufotable
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:56 am Reply with quote
Now I can be happy. 4 cours was what i hopped for a good adaptation. There is just to much material. Now there are no concerns on pacing.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:10 am Reply with quote
Yesssss, 52 episodes! This is gonna be great.
HK16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:52 pm Reply with quote
1 year of SAO. Never thought this day would come.
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
First, I just about fell out of my chair when I read "4 concurs" for SAO. Second, I immediately looked outside my window for signs of snow falling because I thought maybe I was dreaming. And third, reality hit. . . . HOLY SH**! A YEAR OF SAO?! Christmas definitely came early! Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1