• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jōnetsu Tairiku TV Show: Attack on Titan Manga Enters Final Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikkuhukka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:46 am Reply with quote
im blindly assuming that this kind of money cow wont be be allowed to end

BLINDLY ASSUMING
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 am Reply with quote
It definitely feels like the story is reaching its conclusion, although I can't imagine the author being able to wrap everything up in a satisfying way in less than two volumes unless he really accelerates the pace.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:30 am Reply with quote
I've thought it was already last arc. Okay then. He said earlier it's reaching conclusion soon, so nothing new.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:19 am Reply with quote
No shit Sherlock. The current chapters more than set up the endgame. The core series will be done in let´s say 2 years and the endless spin-off will obviously continue, as they do now. Eh.
The prequel is at least good and deserving on an anime.

I can´t see a direct sequel happening, as those for Dragon Ball, Naruto, Fairy Tail and so on. This shows integrity by Isayama and the manga has become hard to recognize when compared to the original premise. The endgame is also already a death march.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
Not surprised, there's no real place left for it to go. The story became a complete mess after spoiler[Marley]. Hopefully he can salvage this wreck.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Not surprised, there's no real place left for it to go. The story became a complete mess after spoiler[Marley]. Hopefully he can salvage this wreck.

The manga in the past year has reached its peak. I have absolutely no idea what you mean by a wreck. There’s been actual wrecks of final arcs (I.e: Bleach & Fairy Tail). What AOT is doing is nowhere near that.

But anyways, it’s clear that the manga is reaching it’s end. But I don’t see it ending in 12 more chapters. I’d like to say at least 20ish.... And even then I hope Isayama is able to stick the landing and answer all the teased questions.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Not surprised, there's no real place left for it to go. The story became a complete mess after spoiler[[Marley]]. Hopefully he can salvage this wreck.

That's a hot take, but not one many of the fans agree with. Attack on Titan's new post-time-skip arc has been absolutely incredible and Isayama has been doing a great job in tying together all the loose ends. In fact, chapters 100-106 are probably some of my favorite content in the series thus far.

Back on topic: this news is hardly surprising, but it is nice to get a confirmation that things are heading towards a finale. I have a feeling that in the next year or two things will be over.

In fact, I have to wonder if the anime suddenly (at least from my perspective) taking a break during season 3 has anything to do with this? Are they perhaps working on a season 4 that will be released near the end next year that will wrap up the story and coincide with the finale? Food for thought.
Ethe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I just hope it ends in a round number Laughing 120 feels like it might be too soon, though. 125, maybe?

Also, count me in the majority that likes the spoiler[Marley] arc. Heck, I'd say it's my favourite arc out of all them. Hopefully Isayama will be able to wrap everything up nicely. I have faith in him, and I'm loving the direction the story has been heading.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
Quote:
Not surprised, there's no real place left for it to go. The story became a complete mess after spoiler[[Marley]]. Hopefully he can salvage this wreck.

That's a hot take, but not one many of the fans agree with. Attack on Titan's new post-time-skip arc has been absolutely incredible and Isayama has been doing a great job in tying together all the loose ends. In fact, chapters 100-106 are probably some of my favorite content in the series thus far.

Back on topic: this news is hardly surprising, but it is nice to get a confirmation that things are heading towards a finale. I have a feeling that in the next year or two things will be over.

In fact, I have to wonder if the anime suddenly (at least from my perspective) taking a break during season 3 has anything to do with this? Are they perhaps working on a season 4 that will be released near the end next year that will wrap up the story and coincide with the finale? Food for thought.
This is a clever idea. I mean there was no reason to break the heavily hyped third season into two cours unless they have some type of game plan for its final season. I definutely also believe it’s fourth season will be it’s final season depending on they play their cards.
minidynz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm not ready for this. That's why they announce that there's a live action coming. Hopefully, after the end of AoT manga, they will do the live action.
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, kinda sad to see it ending so soon.
I really enjoyed this series and to see it end this quick makes me sad.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
This is a clever idea. I mean there was no reason to break the heavily hyped third season into two cours unless they have some type of game plan for its final season. I definutely also believe it’s fourth season will be it’s final season depending on they play their cards.

The break for season 3 is entirely because of the production falling severely behind. They couldn't physically put out another cour of content without giving the crew time to catch up.
HK16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote
So what's the gap between the manga and anime now? Can the final arc finish before the anime catches up?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1