• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Takuya Yamanaka, Director of The Caligula Effect: Overdose

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:09 am Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the interview. I had been really curious about this title. Now I'm looking forward to getting to play the game.
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the interview~!

I was interested in the game when they initially announced it, especially because of the SMT influence. (More than I thought, according to this interview.) I loved that the game parallels how SMT tackles modern themes and issues, but I really appreciate that they wanted to tackle discrimination here, and the interview really sold me on the game.

I haven't bothered with the anime, but I might after I finish the game. I'm looking forward to the Switch release~.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I never heard of The Caligula effect until the anime and while i liked a lot of the tropes around it (persona-like superpowers, highschool setting, pretty character designs and vocaloids) it was really sort of 'meh' for me.
I was starting to get bored of it and was considering dropping it, but then episode 6 and they dropped the bass(figuratively and literally? don't know all that much about music terms but the music definitely shifted drastically) and I was sold.
I want more of that episode.
Sadly the rest of the series wasn't ever as good as that high point in that episode but it did capture my interest to stick with it till the end.
It wasn't the greatest anime but I did enjoy it and I was deeply interested in its source material which I can guess is what the creators really want from you(that and to buy their merch).
Already preordered my copy so i think they did a good job.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1