• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dropkick on my Devil Staff: Anime Needs to Sell 500 More Boxes for 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:12 am Reply with quote
They really want to push for a s2 don't they? I have never seen any production company so adamant into getting people to buy an exact number of copies before.
Octorockandroll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:26 am Reply with quote
Any news on when blu rays will be released over here? That would probably help.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:31 am Reply with quote
It would be a tough sell should the sales take a long while for it to meet the milestone.
Zzshcl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 am Reply with quote
If it is so hard to sell 500 copies then they should know that people are not interested in it, that's all
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:43 am Reply with quote
This anime had limited production abilities from
The start!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
I checked out some clips and it really does not seem like the sort of show I will be loosing sleep over if it does not reach those numbers.
forexjammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:16 am Reply with quote
Zzshcl wrote:
If it is so hard to sell 500 copies then they should know that people are not interested in it, that's all

The second part of the BD isn't released yet, I'm actually impressed they managed to sell this much for the first BD.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
Piracy does often have a factor in an anime series getting another season or being licensed by a foreign licensor. If the anime version "Dropkick on my Devil" sold so badly this far, was it perhaps more of lack of interest or piracy?
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Piracy does often have a factor in an anime series getting another season or being licensed by a foreign licensor. If the anime version "Dropkick on my Devil" sold so badly this far, was it perhaps more of lack of interest or piracy?

Piracy is a factor but it's always a factor in everything. Late night anime in Japan relies on hardcore fans dropping money and the otaku understand this. I would say low sales are more of a lack of interest in the property or people watching it and saying no thanks, I'll spend my money on something else. They show up in acceptable numbers when they want to. This is one where they didn't want to.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Piracy is a factor but it's always a factor in everything. Late night anime in Japan relies on hardcore fans dropping money and the otaku understand this. I would say low sales are more of a lack of interest in the property or people watching it and saying no thanks, I'll spend my money on something else. They show up in acceptable numbers when they want to. This is one where they didn't want to.

It's a hard choice, but an economical one we do need to make. Piracy is part of how I first started watching anime, but with so many shows licensed and released these days, money is tight and time is precious. I still want (most) projects to succeed, but there is always something else I can watch legally and same day.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Octorockandroll wrote:
Any news on when blu rays will be released over here? That would probably help.

I get the feeling that they wouldn't be released until after the deadline unfortunately. I too would love to get a copy to help support a S2, but alas...
Nodz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
They really want to push for a s2 don't they? I have never seen any production company so adamant into getting people to buy an exact number of copies before.

Numbers are very important for the continuation of an anime, so it's great that a production company is very transparent about it.
About Shokugeki no Soma, when asked about a season 4, someone at J.C. Staff (I don't remember who) just said "keep supporting the anime". Nothing more.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:20 am Reply with quote
I hope it gets those sales, Jashin-chan was one of the few new anime I enjoyed this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1