• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san is Too Relatable

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Is there a unit of measurement for "distinct voices per minute," because Soma Saito is absolutely killing it in this show. I only found out recently that he won the Anime Grand Prix award for Voice Actor last year, but man does he deserve it. It's kind of insane how far he's come in only a few years.
alconnow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:02 pm Reply with quote
The only non-sequel anime I’m enjoying this season
Shaterri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This show is So Very Good, and this is an awesome take at it - it pulls out aspects of the show I hadn't even considered. In a season that's packed to the gills with shows that have managed to cross my 'seen almost two decades of anime' threshold, somehow this is still the thing I'm most consistently looking forward to.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I actually like a few anime this season and this is one of them. This is really high on the relatability scale. I worked at a video game store and a comic book store (at different times) many years ago but so many of the interactions with customers are similar. I think this show does a good just of being just a bit cynical but still with a lot of heart behind it. So it does a great job of striking that balance between having edge and being just a little sappy.

This has been the anime when my friends come over I make then watch an episode this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:41 pm Reply with quote
This series is a joy to watch every week. It is hands down Saitou Souma's best role, imo. So much is packed into the short episodes, but they neither feel too short or long.

I hope this gets licensed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1