• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Hathaway's Flash Anime Film Trilogy's Trailer Reveals Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:49 am Reply with quote
i was expecting a lot more from Sunrise, oh well better luck next time.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 am Reply with quote
Can't [expletive] wait !
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
i was expecting a lot more from Sunrise, oh well better luck next time.
you're expecting too much....
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 am Reply with quote
Interesting credits - I'll admit a sense of relief not seeing Fukui in there (although I'm pretty sure he's probably got a lot to do with why this is getting made to begin with).

Still feels weird Tomino isn't directly involved, but since he's busy with that G-Reco movie, which me and its three other fans are very much looking forward to, I can't complain.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
Interesting credits - I'll admit a sense of relief not seeing Fukui in there (although I'm pretty sure he's probably got a lot to do with why this is getting made to begin with).

Still feels weird Tomino isn't directly involved, but since he's busy with that G-Reco movie, which me and its three other fans are very much looking forward to, I can't complain.
make that five fans in total.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 am Reply with quote
Okay, I thought the opening beach scene was a live action sequence. They got "over-the-top-notch" level of art for a mech movie there.
Oh, the staff were actually pretty much thunderbolt and unicorn staff so that's a plus.
Got Sawano Ear Rape again for music.

And finally, almost 40 percent of Narrative were on CGI, so maybe Sunrise will be going 100 percent CGI this time? who knows.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am Reply with quote
#alfrescoCR wrote:
Okay, I thought the opening beach scene was a live action sequence. They got "over-the-top-notch" level of art for a mech movie there.
Oh, the staff were actually pretty much thunderbolt and unicorn staff so that's a plus.

And finally, almost 40 percent of Narrative were on CGI, so maybe Sunrise will be going 100 percent CGI this time? who knows.

Is that supposed to be a compliment?
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 am Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
#alfrescoCR wrote:

Is that supposed to be a compliment?
believe me or not, it's a compliment.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:47 am Reply with quote
Murase is an interesting pick for director. His stuff usually has a languid pace and it’s somewhat moody. I don’t always love his style of direction. Witch Hunter Robin was cool but Ergo Proxy was a mess and Gangster was too slow.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 am Reply with quote
That's an interesting choice for director. All the mechs being animated in CG was a little surprising as well. I think CG can be just as interesting as hand-drawn so I'm fine with it.

To be honest, I was a little worried about this project. But, that was a really nice teaser so I'm not that worried anymore.
GNPixie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:31 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
That's an interesting choice for director. All the mechs being animated in CG was a little surprising as well. I think CG can be just as interesting as hand-drawn so I'm fine with it.

To be honest, I was a little worried about this project. But, that was a really nice teaser so I'm not that worried anymore.

Penelope (the MS briefly shown) and Xi are messes, to be honest. CGI's honestly a really good way for them to nail the bulky without them being terrible to animate.

spoiler[I'm interested to see if they get Ocean for the dub, given we already had an established VA for Hathaway and Quess but given how its gone recently, I'm expecting recasts sadly.]
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Mixed feelings about this. Hathaway Noah is by far my least favorite Gundam MC. However, I understand the novels its based on changed some of the more annoying aspects of Char's Counterattack to make him less of a whiny brat (spoiler[including changing Agi Chan's death to being at Quess's hands rather than Hathaway's]), so I guess we'll see.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been wondering for a long time whether Murase would ever be tapped for a Gundam title (outside his direction of Gundam Evolve's Ep. 7), given his turn as a successful, notable director, so I'm very glad to see him tapped for at least a film trilogy. I am surprised, though, that the article doesn't mention that he did the character designs for Gundam Wing, given its notoriety and his connection to the franchise.

As for Sawano, the moment I heard his score in Unicorn, what instantly came to my mind was that it felt like I was hearing the "official", encompassing score of "Gundam", as if everything about it was breathed into musical form. I really do enjoy Sawano's work in general, too, but do I want him to score a third project? I'm not entirely sure, but Shigeaki Saegusa and Toshihiko Sahashi have done multiple ones themselves (albeit sequels, not semi-standalones). Seeing Unicorn-NT-Hathaway's Flash as a timeline block a la Zeta-ZZ-CCA, I guess it's OK to proceed with a uniting soundtrack…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Oby

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Umm....why some people act like this is the first time they heard Murase being the director of HF Trilogy? Did people actually not know this information before?

He's been announced way earlier than the featured video. I know coz I have discussed him directing HF in other forums since January of 2019.

#alfrescoCR wrote:

As long as the characters are handdrawn, I have no problem with it. It's hard to not use CGI these days. Even many parts of the debries in Thunderbolt are CGI and of course there's the case of Origin's full-CG mechas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1