• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ariana Grande Stans Eevee in Latest Tattoo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Don't like or care about Grande, but I do like that tattoo. Hey, I'm a Eevee meister.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:17 pm Reply with quote
It seems to me Ariana Grande is a closet anime fan. I know she loves Pokémon, and I especially appreciate her love for Miyazaki's work.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:33 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
It seems to me Ariana Grande is a closet anime fan. I know she loves Pokémon, and I especially appreciate her love for Miyazaki's work.

Not much of a closet now, hue
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:34 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:

She was never a "closet anime fan" she made it quite obvious that she loves Japan and its creations.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:26 am Reply with quote
Looks like she has another tattoo under it that has Japanese. It looks to be うた (uta/song) from what I can see. I assume that's only part of it though.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:40 am Reply with quote
I wonder if she really likes Pokemon and that she used to watch it anime in her childhood years, also she played old Pokemon games on Gameboy Advance, is that correct what i say?
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 am Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
I wonder if she really likes Pokemon and that she used to watch it anime in her childhood years, also she played old Pokemon games on Gameboy Advance, is that correct what i say?

No idea about Ariana's long term history with Pokémon, but last week she tweeted she'd played Let's Go, Eevee! for fifteen hours straight. I take it that's she's a pretty big fan.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:54 am Reply with quote
Swiftyy wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

No idea about Ariana's long term history with Pokémon, but last week she tweeted she'd played Let's Go, Eevee! for fifteen hours straight. I take it that's she's a pretty big fan.

Yeah, i'm guessing about that too. I am also thinking that she also like Eevee as well, and Eevee is possibly Ariana's favorite Pokemon.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 am Reply with quote
Swiftyy wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

Well, that was our generation (I was born one year before Ms. Grande). If you think about it, anime traditionally catered to about 10-15% of the market; a very dedicated part of the market, but not huge. What the Pokémon TV show did was explode that. Soon, every kid in America wanted to watch the show, and anime was no-longer a niche thing.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
She also appeared as a character in Square Enix's Final Fantasy Brave Exvius smartphone game last year.

Not just one character, but several variations based on her outfits, each centered on one of the game's many combat classes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1