• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ROOKiEZ IS PUNK'D Band Goes on Indefinite Hiatus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 pm Reply with quote
This is sad news. I'm so glad that I was able to see them back in September last year. They put on an awesome show and I love their music.
GNX903VSBrave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this isn't the end. They were definitely one of the bands I first got into (along with FLOW and UVERworld) when I started watching anime and listening to Japanese music. COMPLICATION alone is easily in my top 10 favorite anime OP songs ever, maybe even in the top 5.

Got the chance to listen to them live at Animethon last year. Was definitely a great experience, especially since it's a small con so you can easily get really close to the stage.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I was so shocked to read this news last night. I was actually the one who booked them for FanimeCon in 2013, which was their first gig outside Japan, and we've been friends ever since. This is such a shame. Crying or Very sad

For those of you going to Sakura-Con, make sure you go check out this awesome band before it's too late!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1