• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
Welcome back, Bento-Box. I was going to say it's great to see an old face, but you've changed your avatar. My memory is that the old one wasn't full size. ? ? ?

Hey there!!! So nice to see you again~!!! //waves

It's completely different. I used to change my avatar a lot. I'll probably keep this one for a while though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:34 am Reply with quote
Welcome back Bento-Box.

I don't post a lot, but I visit the site often. And nothing can keep me from watching anime. I don't get into slumps (can I safely say that after 13 years of fandom? Hey that's a lucky number)
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:11 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
13 years of fandom? Hey that's a lucky number)

Should we tell him?
See more glass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys, I've been a lurker since forever but finally decided to join the conversation since it seems like things have became less hostile around these parts. Not much love for older/underground/nostalgic/non-otaku stuff but we'll see.
Anime_fan_88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys Smile

How are you?

I hope you are all doing well.

Before you read my post please know that I post this here for two reasons:

1- Because I didn't want to disturb the forum's category with this kind of post.
2- Because I want this post to reach the admins, mods, more than the members.

I would like to apologize for not being active for such a long period of time. I'm not going to make any excess for this because I'm want to be perfectly honest with you guys.

I'm a member in other forums and I love to look and explore places and talk to people about things that we like, especially things like anime, manga, comics, and video games, etc.

I want to be part of this forum and I will post topics here, but I can't guarantee I'll be an active member. I might go and do some things on other forums, I might post a topic here and there and be more active.

What I'm trying to say is that I want you guys to know my nature and my intention of joining this forum.

Please note that I posted this topic on all the other forums that I see that I'm not as active as I should be.

If you will accept me then I will be more than happy to stay and do what I can in this forum. If you choose to kick me out, then I understand your decision and accept it.

The decision is yours.
RyukoSuzakuTorisMikage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:48 am Reply with quote
i like season 2 of black lagoon ,slayers evolution-r and revolution,and hetaila cosplay
do you ever talk about popular manga on here.? Confused Smile
ChattyST

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and I'd like to say that your community is just awesome! I've already found a lot of interesting stuff
Johnspartan1982

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:23 am Reply with quote
Hi all, been an anime/animation fan for 33 years since i saw Voltron, Warriors of the Wind aka Nausicaa and more then at age 11 25 years ago, i became an anime fan as i rented Totoro and Vampire Hunter D on VHS.

Favorite movies: Blade Runner, Robocop (1987), Die Hards 1 to 4, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars original trilogy, Predator 1 and 2, Ghostbusters (1984), Casablanca, Indiana Jones trilogy and more.
Favorite TV shows: The X-Files, Batman The Animated Series, The Simpsons (Seasons 1 to 10 only), Nightcourt and more.
Favorite games: Resident Evil franchise, Super Mario Brothers (1 2 3, world 1 and 2, RPG and some others) and more.
And so on and so on.
Fuzzy Pickles!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:39 am Reply with quote
Greetings everyone,

I am Fuzzy Pickles! and if you're a Nintendo fan, you might get the cool reference. I am a casual anime fan who like many, grew up with classics like Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, and YuYu Hakusho and watched a few shows here and there. I have not seen many in a long time but I expect to pick it back up soon. Manga, on the other hand, I just picked up as a hobby. Right now, I am jetting through My Hero Academia, on chapter 87 as of now and I'm hyped to see what's next. Hopefully, I can participate in fun theorycrafting upon catching up to the latest chapter.

As for what else I like to do, I enjoy writing and drawing, especially for Super Smash Bros. given that I am a staff writer on the site. Otherwise, my interest is, shall we say, stereotypical otaku stuff but no shame in admitting that. Aside from what I've said, I also enjoy jamming out to the nerdiest music possible (gaming, anime, and 70s, 80s, and 90s J-pop music).

For now, I will be mostly observing the anime and manga fandom to get a feel for it but I am excited to contribute to it however I can, especially in the years to come.
MacAttack270

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 am Reply with quote
Hey,

I introduced myself, what, five years ago on this page: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39486&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=macattack270&start=2955.

Just wanted to say that I'm back to a limited extent after having life take over for the past five years. Here's how I've changed (old in italics, new in bold):

Dislikes: Pretentiousness; Inability to Compromise; Green Green (seriously, how could an anime named after my favorite color be that horrible; easily it turns out); Excessive Blatant Fan Service; Dwarf Planets I now have a healthy appreciation for fan service if it doesn't detract from the overall product. Also I am now a fan of dwarf planets.

Favorite anime: I'll just go off my list (admittedly it's still fairly small seeing as how I've only gotten into anime within the last year): I've got 3 listed as Masterpiece: Clannad: AS, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Other favorites include Angel Beats!, Anohana, Mirai Nikki, Higurashi (both seasons), and Steins;Gate. Oh and despite my above statement that I dislike excessive fan service, for some reason I really enjoy Freezing as well; go figure. Shin Sekai Yori, Clannad AS, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, the Index/Railgun universe, and most recently A Silent Voice

Favorite TV shows/Movies: HIMYM, Doctor Who, Californication, Archer, Scrubs, We Were Soldiers, Black Hawk Down, almost anything with Paul Rudd in it. The Departed, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, although I don't watch much television

Fun facts about Mack:
I only got into anime a year ago (other than the trappings of Toonami when I was a kid; I'm talking about you DBZ, Sailor Moon, Gundam, etc.). Funny story, I literally ran out of things to watch on Netflix, so I decided to try a little show called High School of the Dead because it was on my list of suggested titles. Many good (and a couple bad) anime later, here I am. Yay?
Nope, still not "cultured" as an anime fan. Still can't enjoy NGE and won't even touch LotGH.

Nice to be back.
himala

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:19 am Reply with quote
MacAttack270 wrote:
Hey,

I introduced myself, what, five years ago on this page: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39486&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=macattack270&start=2955.

Just wanted to say that I'm back to a limited extent after having life take over for the past five years. Here's how I've changed (old in italics, new in bold):

Dislikes: Pretentiousness; Inability to Compromise; Green Green (seriously, how could an anime named after my favorite color be that horrible; easily it turns out); Excessive Blatant Fan Service; Dwarf Planets I now have a healthy appreciation for fan service if it doesn't detract from the overall product. Also I am now a fan of dwarf planets.

Favorite anime: I'll just go off my list (admittedly it's still fairly small seeing as how I've only gotten into anime within the last year): I've got 3 listed as Masterpiece: Clannad: AS, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Other favorites include Angel Beats!, Anohana, Mirai Nikki, Higurashi (both seasons), and Steins;Gate. Oh and despite my above statement that I dislike excessive fan service, for some reason I really enjoy Freezing as well; go figure. Shin Sekai Yori, Clannad AS, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, the Index/Railgun universe, and most recently A Silent Voice

Favorite TV shows/Movies: HIMYM, Doctor Who, Californication, Archer, Scrubs, We Were Soldiers, Black Hawk Down, almost anything with Paul Rudd in it. The Departed, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, although I don't watch much television

Fun facts about Mack:
I only got into anime a year ago (other than the trappings of Toonami when I was a kid; I'm talking about you DBZ, Sailor Moon, Gundam, etc.). Funny story, I literally ran out of things to watch on Netflix, so I decided to try a little show called High School of the Dead because it was on my list of suggested titles. Many good (and a couple bad) anime later, here I am. Yay?
Nope, still not "cultured" as an anime fan. Still can't enjoy NGE and won't even touch LotGH.

Nice to be back.

Shin sekai yori? I see you're a man of culture, as well... Very Happy

For Haruhi Suzumiya, I was pretty excited when I watched it the first time (since many anime magazine in my home town always talked about it). After watching few episodes, I found myself liking it too. However the "time-loop" episodes really annoyed me. I watched every single one of them and tried to find even the smallest difference, though I found nothing
LoopyChew
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:43 am Reply with quote
So I've been around and away and back, as evidenced by my "joined" date and my low post count.

Let's get to the basics:

Name: LoopyChew
Favorite anime/manga series (classic): Rurouni Kenshin(*), Full Metal Panic!, Maison Ikkoku, Legend of Black Heaven, ROD ~Read or Die~, the Space Cowboy Trifecta (Bebop, OS, Trigun)
Favorite anime/manga series (current): OPM, MP100, MHA
Favorite Western TV shows: Chuck, Jane the Virgin, Legends of Tomorrow, The Good Place, Sense8, Coupling

(*) The fact that I no longer look up to Nobuhiro Watsuki as a person aside, I can appreciate the show (and the live-action movies) and I no longer need to spend another penny on this franchise.

Fun facts:
* I made a couple of AMVs like almost twenty years ago.
* I can go with either sub or dub but generally prefer dubs (unless the dubs are, like, Ocean bad--e.g. Jubei-chan).
* Once did scanslations for RK, before Viz picked it up (which it occurs to me that their English translator at the time was also busted for super creepy stuff).
* Former anime hangouts included Anipike and AoDVD. If neither of those ring a bell you are way younger than I am.
* Big believer in physical media, if only a means to creating your own digital media with it. Physical for curation, digital/streaming for consumption.
* Really sore that I took a long enough break from anime that I missed the window on RoD Blu-Rays, and that Aniplex made them LE.
SuperDerperSayain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:41 pm Reply with quote
My names Dano.
Although Im from the east coast.
20 something but I feel as old as ever.
Fav food is pasta.
I love music, and write from time to time.
I love any anime really, i know thats pretty broad but I'll list a few f the ones that I will fight on the frontline for: FMA, kokoro connect, Anohana, Welcome to NHK, Bunny GirlSenpai, MHA, Re:life...I am pretty sure theres more but that was just a one shot of the top....
So yeah!
Also, I figured it be cool to mention, and more appropriately placed to say on this post why i am here(foolish me mentioning it on a fma anime general post i did)
back in like 2004 or 5ish when my desktop ran on dial up and the little AOL man only ran as fast as a upside down turtle, I use to lurk and read posts on a forum i beilieve to be anime news forum or anime boards. Not to sure. But the banter between users and the scenarios were so funny and wholesome to me that it was almost like another world i got lost into. I remember following updates on the nintendo wii back when it wasnt the wii but had the code name nintendo revolution. And I particularly loved a time where users ripped into code lyoko....and i agreed the characted heads did look like inflated yams.. But yep....i got nostalgic typed anime forum into google and here i am....trying to recapture something haha ......lets see where this goes...

Nice to meet everyone! Cool
Weeb, J.D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:46 am Reply with quote
Hi y'all! Been a lurker a bit, figured I'd finally join in on the fun.

Name: Matt

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Ugh, I need to look into this

Marital Status: In a relationship

Ethnicity: Mexican

Religion: Catholic

Pets: Black cat named Ozzy. Tabby named Ilia. They are my babies and my everything.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and doesn't smoke.

Likes: Sports, criminal justice, anything Legend of Zelda, music of all kinds

Dislikes: Bad-faith discussions, ucla, warm beer

Favorite anime: FMA:B, Devil is a Part Timer, GATE, Log Horizon, Overlord (yes I have a theme)

Favorite Manga (Light novels): None. Any recommendations?

Favorite Books: Foundation Trilogy, Outsiders, To Kill a Mockingbird

Favorite game: Zelda: Twilight Princess. Fight me on this.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Big Fish, Its a Wonderful Life, Rudy, Animal House, Fast Times at Richmond High, any 90's Disney film

Favorite Drink: Beer

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Sweet tea

Favorite Foods: Yes

Favorite Sites: Twitter, Roosterteeth, Crunchyroll, Amazon

Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball, college football, NFL, NBA, college basketball, golf

Favorite Sport (to play): Baseball and golf

Favorite Music: Currently - classical. Typically - country or rock. But my tastes are eclectic.

Job: Attorney

Hobbies: video games, golfing, watching movies, playing with my cats, exploring new things with the gf

Fun facts about Matt: Uhh, I play six instruments?

Favorite Quotes: "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
Arthaud55

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:44 am Reply with quote
Good morning all. I am Aymon. I come from France from the city of Lyon. I'm in my thirties I knew your site from a colleague and I took the opportunity to register where I am here with you. I am open-minded but I am not credulous. I integrate myself in this forum, among you to make exchanges and / or sharing. Hoping to be welcome to you. Fortunately I am here because I have a little trouble and I am sure to find the answer here. Thank you for reading me and wish you all the best. Force to us. Sincerely
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 230 of 233