• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fathom Events Lists Saga of Tanya the Evil Anime Film Screening in U.S.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping they add more dates. I'm already seeing Frank Turner that night Sad
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Outstanding, I was hoping for a long time that it would make it to the movie theatres before it went to dvd. I have already preordered my tickets.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:20 pm Reply with quote
It's cool that they're showing this in theaters, but I would like to see this movie in English at some point. Given how things are, though, there's no telling how long I'll have to wait for that to happen. I feel the same way about the The Royal Tutor movie that Crunchyroll's streaming now. The English dub MADE that series for me.

Well, in the meantime, I'll get to hear Monica Rial play Tanya again in Isekai Quartet, at least. Razz
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
It's cool that they're showing this in theaters, but I would like to see this movie in English at some point. Given how things are, though, there's no telling how long I'll have to wait for that to happen. I feel the same way about the The Royal Tutor movie that Crunchyroll's streaming now. The English dub MADE that series for me.

Well, in the meantime, I'll get to hear Monica Rial play Tanya again in Isekai Quartet, at least. Razz

Me too, I am so looking forward to the english dub. I believe it will get an english dub becuase Monica did such a excellent job.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

First off I respect your preferences. I just gotta say though personally I love Aoi Yuki. She's been one of my favorite VA for awhile and her range is fantastic. Her varying voices for Tanya really sell the character for me, from soft and sweet to jumping into full on psycho.

Plus she voices Froppy in BNHA, Shuten in Fate, Futaba in P5, which are all some of my other favorites.

Also Clementine in Overlord is a notable connection here as well. So the Japanese version of Isekai Quartet is essentially in a way having Ainz interact with Clementine through Tanya. Which I find hilarious.
Caela Cait

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I hope this is playing in my area, my brother and I want to see it! We don't care if it's only subbed, it sounds like it's going to be awesome. We watched the show last year and loved it and we were excited to find out it was getting a movie.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Caela Cait wrote:
I hope this is playing in my area, my brother and I want to see it! We don't care if it's only subbed, it sounds like it's going to be awesome. We watched the show last year and loved it and we were excited to find out it was getting a movie.

I have heard alot of good things about the movie by some that have already seen it and I think it is going to be great as well
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:04 pm Reply with quote
TanyaTheEvil wrote:
Outstanding, I was hoping for a long time that it would make it to the movie theatres before it went to dvd. I have already preordered my tickets.

How/where you pre-order them. Fathom says I can't until the 12th
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I'll wait till the dub is out. But I'm real stoked to see this!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:23 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:

Also Clementine in Overlord is a notable connection here as well. So the Japanese version of Isekai Quartet is essentially in a way having Ainz interact with Clementine through Tanya. Which I find hilarious.

Oh, I did not know YAoi played he-man, that's ncie to know.
Here's hoping that with this precedent, my country's anime to movies company picks tanya up.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:25 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
TanyaTheEvil wrote:

I found out about this a couple of weeks ago and someone put a link out in my reddit group. It took me to a AMC theatre and i was able to pro order it through them. I got my confirmation and was able to pick my seats. At the time only two other people were already seated so i got to pick any seat in the theatre
Caela Cait

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:33 pm Reply with quote
TanyaTheEvil wrote:
Caela Cait wrote:

I have heard alot of good things about the movie by some that have already seen it and I think it is going to be great as well

That's really cool, fingers crossed. Hopefully it's in my area and your's too!
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:55 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
TanyaTheEvil wrote:

This just means that it won't go live on Fathom's site until the 12th. Just go to your actual movie theater's website and order the tickets from them (and depending on the movie theater you may end up avoiding having to pay Fathom's "convenience" fees).
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:05 pm Reply with quote
thanks guys
Raebo101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:

First off I respect your preferences. I just gotta say though personally I love Aoi Yuki. She's been one of my favorite VA for awhile and her range is fantastic. Her varying voices for Tanya really sell the character for me, from soft and sweet to jumping into full on psycho.

Plus she voices Froppy in BNHA, Shuten in Fate, Futaba in P5, which are all some of my other favorites.

Oh, absolutely. She's definitely great as Tanya from what I've heard, and the lack of a dub isn't preventing me from watching this movie (that would be lack of theaters near me showing the film), but I also really liked how Monica Rial's played Tanya, so I'd naturally like the film be dubbed eventually.

Speaking of Froppy, it's actually pretty interesting how many of the same roles Aoi Yuki and Monica Rial have played.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2