• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Attack on Titan Gears Up For Series Conclusion With DiverCity Tokyo Invasion

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quote
So is this official confirmation of the rumors that Wit is no longer going to make the Attack on Titan anime? Will this be it for the series or will Kodansha switch to another studio?
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
So is this official confirmation of the rumors that Wit is no longer going to make the Attack on Titan anime? Will this be it for the series or will Kodansha switch to another studio?

Although they are still rumors, as what I can see, it seems pretty likely Production IG will take over the incoming season as they are pretty high on the committee order and doing everything to promote the anime series ( you can find evidence of such in this article too)

I was in panic mode yesterday but after reading analysis from both Chinese and Japanese side, I am not too concerned. IG is Wit’s parent company and for goodness sake, they share the same building complex, expect no major change of staff if that turns out to the case.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Okay, but is it actually nearing its conclusion or is this like how Gintama has been "about to end" for like five years now?
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:31 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Okay, but is it actually nearing its conclusion or is this like how Gintama has been "about to end" for like five years now?

We're very close to the end, to the point where there will be an exhibit in Roppongi this summer that will allow visitors to hear a two-episode audio-drama version of the manga's final chapter (the first episode between July 8th and August 4th, the second between August 5th and September 8th).

(link to the exhibit's flyer)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1