• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trials of Mana Game Revealed for PS4, Switch, PC in 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope they release a demo because I'm a bit unsure if I'll enjoy t hat. but I'll get the originals for sure
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow after ignoring the game for decade we get a NA release and a remake!

Although tbh.... I don't really like the character art, that might be because they looked so good in sprite form (and legend of mana was pure beauty). The monster are fine but the environment are a bit bland but I hope before release they have time to add more stuff, if you go back and look at the orginal the background were rich in details.

Hope they keep the cool class system without messing it up and they have visual difference for them.

At this point I guess I just have very little trust in current day square enix compared to sqaure back then, so I feel like any major change will be for the worst.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Since we're getting both this and the original in the Collection, it works out quite nicely I'd say.

After this is done, maybe it's brand new Mana game time? Or Legend of Mana, why not?
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Really hope the collection also finds its way to PS4 and PC later, I'm not all that interested in the remake, but would love to play an official release of the originals without having to buy a Switch.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I hope the Trials remake includes stuff from Heroes. I haven't finished it yet, so I don't know what happened to the original characters, but I love meeting all of the Trials' characters' parents.

[ETA]

They showed off some Trials remake this morning on Treehouse, and it looks *amazing*. Just like the original, but better. Also, they confirmed it'll have both English and Japanese voice over, and I believe they said Spanish, German, and French text options.
Dumas1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Having played a good bit of the original Final Fantasy Adventure and one storyline of Sword of Mana on GBA, I really wish that they'd use more elements of Sword in remakes and collections.

Also, I can't stand that bobble-head look of so many 3D remakes, so it'll be the Mana collection for me if/when I get my hands on a Switch. And sticking with Link's Awakening on my 3DS.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
Dumas1 wrote:
Also, I can't stand that bobble-head look of so many 3D remakes, so it'll be the Mana collection for me if/when I get my hands on a Switch. And sticking with Link's Awakening on my 3DS.

Did you see the Trials trailer or gameplay? It's not stylized anything like that.
sfried

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Really hope the collection also finds its way to PS4 and PC later, I'm not all that interested in the remake, but would love to play an official release of the originals without having to buy a Switch.

Emerje

Why not just buy a Switch?
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:36 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
Why not just buy a Switch?

Money?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:02 pm Reply with quote
There's a rumor going around the third game in the collection, Seiken Densetsu 3, is simply the SNES rom Square has hacked themselves to include a translation. It might sound a bit implausible sure...

...but combine that with the OTHER rumor floating around of Square having lost its code to some of its older games, so...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1