• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:29 am Reply with quote

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (TV)

Genres: Comedy, Ecchi
Themes: Exercising

Plot Summary
Quote:
Sakura Hibiki is your average high school girl, with a voracious appetite. Noticing her clothes tightening in lieu of her slowly expanding waistline she decides to look into enrolling in the nearby gym. There she runs into a girl from her grade named Souryuuin Akemi.

Akemi, who has a muscle fetish tries to get Hibiki to enroll in the gym despite its high ratio of macho men. Thankfully a beautiful trainer, Machio, appears and unknowingly convinces her to enroll and start her quest to a great body.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Alright, my second must watch of the season, right after O Maidens In Your Savage Season. The character animation in both shows is particularly intense... in two very different yet kind of similar ways.

Hibiki is the kind of character that just oozes personality and it should be a trip to watch her emotions and goals slowly tilt towards "yay, muscles!"
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:20 am Reply with quote
I did enjoy the first episode, so I can see myself watching this. The show seemed to think that it was being a bit overly erotic, but it seems to me that it is doing better than a show I remember a few years ago that had a girl just workout fore the eye candy. Hibiki feels like more than just a nice figure, having a personality, flaws and the like. Probably more funny along the lines that the other girl was so into muscles rather than anything else. Maybe this show could also motivate me to work out a bit harder. (Cut back 12 weeks later to me where nothing has changed)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I liked it. I think that despite having a lot of fanservice elements of going of female bodies, and being a bit ecchi, I enjoyed it for reasons other than ecchi. It generally looked good, and felt kind of fun. Also a good OP song, which I found really catchy. Onegai Muscle!

Machio himself was kind of a fun character, while it being a little silly that he could look normal in clothes, before bursting through them like a beefcake, it was fun. Especially expecting him to start off normal before doing so, probably shouting something muscle realted. Saido Chesto!

Not really sure what really to focus on. It was enjoyable, but nothing really super interesting or exciting. I would probably give it a rating of Good (7/10), it is worth seeing. Although my personal attention ended up losing a bit from not being too interested in the workout explanations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1