• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mignogna Deposition: Vic Mignogna Admits to Pulling Jamie Marchi's Hair, Denies it Was

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connysanada

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
We have reconsidered our decision and Vic will continue in the roles he has played for so many years. At this point he will not be available for casting in any new properties but we are willing to give him a second chance, with proper oversight, for the sake of the fandom. He is sincere in his efforts to look at his behavior and we intend to support those good efforts. We have implemented training for voice actors surrounding fan interactions and social media. We will expect more of ourselves as a company while expecting better from our artists. There are no winners in this fight and the ones who lose are you, our fans.

Funimation is getting Vic back in other words?
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:39 pm Reply with quote
connysanada wrote:
Quote:
We have reconsidered our decision and Vic will continue in the roles he has played for so many years. At this point he will not be available for casting in any new properties but we are willing to give him a second chance, with proper oversight, for the sake of the fandom. He is sincere in his efforts to look at his behavior and we intend to support those good efforts. We have implemented training for voice actors surrounding fan interactions and social media. We will expect more of ourselves as a company while expecting better from our artists. There are no winners in this fight and the ones who lose are you, our fans.

Funimation is getting Vic back in other words?

Not even close. As the article says, the part you chose to quote was a prepared statement written by a friend of Vic’s in order to get him his job back and was not accepted by anyone actually involved. Vic himself refused to take any responsibility for his actions, his victims refused the conditions, and Funimation has made no such claim that there are only losers in this fight.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:40 pm Reply with quote
^exactly. That email, drafted by Chuck Huber, is the result of him apparently trying to play peacemaker and work some kind of deal where Funimation, Marchi and Rial would agree to keep working with Vic if he apparently publicly admitted to sex addiction and agreed to take some kind of sabbatical from conventions. For reason I I.atone are obvious, nobody agreed to that
connysanada

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Pardon me if I was mistakened.
Suu Slime

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:53 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
^exactly. That email, drafted by Chuck Huber, is the result of him apparently trying to play peacemaker and work some kind of deal where Funimation, Marchi and Rial would agree to keep working with Vic if he apparently publicly admitted to sex addiction and agreed to take some kind of sabbatical from conventions. For reason I I.atone are obvious, nobody agreed to that

To anyone who ever gets accused of sexual assault without ANY evidence, NEVER admit to anything, never back down, never "Disappear for awhile" because that will never work. You either stand up that you've never did anything of that nature, or you are forever labeled as a predator. And if ANY PR firm tells you otherwise, fire them ASAP. They don't care about you, they simply make the "easiest" choice they can possibly make and discard you.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:36 pm Reply with quote
What Huber was doing was attempting to intimidate Vic's victims. My estimation of him has plummeted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GreenBullet3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 pm Reply with quote
More hit pieces, should I be surprised? This isn't even on the homepage despite being "Today's news". Clearly this article is being buried.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:50 pm Reply with quote
It's posted in the marquee banner. It'll stay on the top of the site for the next 4 days.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Xinda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Chuck Huber does Android 17, not 13, as per the article states. (Not sure where else to make that note, sorry).

Now I see why everyone kept throwing his name around on siding with Vic.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 pm Reply with quote
According the Encyclopedia page he's played both 13 and 17, but he's probably better known for 17 so I corrected it.

person#1116
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blankslate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Chuck Huber the guy with a restraining order from his ex-wife or something?
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Isn't Chuck Huber the guy with a restraining order from his ex-wife or something?

Unless you have actual proof of this, please stop doing this. This is how all these 'rumors' start in the first place.
ranran-001

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Suu Slime wrote:
lossthief wrote:

To anyone who ever gets accused of sexual assault without ANY evidence, NEVER admit to anything, never back down, never "Disappear for awhile" because that will never work. You either stand up that you've never did anything of that nature, or you are forever labeled as a predator. And if ANY PR firm tells you otherwise, fire them ASAP. They don't care about you, they simply make the "easiest" choice they can possibly make and discard you.

Vic admitted enough in his deposition to make him liable for sexual harassment. He is in his own words liable for that. There is no point in claiming he is defamed, he did this to himself.

By the way, if you cared this much for Vic, why aren't you directing your anger towards Vic's lawyer who purposely gave all copies of video depositions to an alcoholic barely practicing lawyer named Nick.

Those two have done far more damage to Vic's reputation that anyone else has.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote
This is truly horrifying. A single accusation on its own can be scrutinized and, though far less common, be found to be false. But when you have this many people over this many years-- you establish a pattern of behavior that is deliberate, predatory, disgusting, and criminal.

It's disheartening, to put it mildly, to know a voice actor I admired for my teenage years is this kind of person. Diehards can keep trying to spin the "conspiracy theory" and victim-blame, but in my eyes, there are far too many voices corroborating Vic's actions and behavior over the years. Systematically preying on people who admired, idolized, and trusted him for sexual acts, repeatedly ignoring the victims' physical and verbal rejections.
Suu Slime

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 pm Reply with quote
ranran-001 wrote:
Suu Slime wrote:
lossthief wrote:

Vic admitted enough in his deposition to make him liable for sexual harassment. He is in his own words liable for that. There is no point in claiming he is defamed, he did this to himself.

By the way, if you cared this much for Vic, why aren't you directing your anger towards Vic's lawyer who purposely gave all copies of video depositions to an alcoholic barely practicing lawyer named Nick.

Those two have done far more damage to Vic's reputation that anyone else has.

I honestly don't watch Nick all that much (Considering i'm just not into live streams) although i've caught a couple of them and have watched him even before the whole vic thing, but where did you get

"By the way, if you cared this much for Vic, why aren't you directing your anger towards Vic's lawyer who purposely gave all copies of video depositions to an alcoholic barely practicing lawyer named Nick."

From. Because from what i understand, Ty hasn't given Nick jack, or at least that's what Nick says.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4