• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Date A Live Franchise Gets New Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:44 am Reply with quote
Well, a new anime project could be anything. It could be a new season or movie. I'm guessing the latter but wouldn't be surprised if this franchise gets another season.

Season 3 was my least favorite so I hope they make improvements.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:51 am Reply with quote
S3 went through so much problems during it's production i didn't expect another media, i hope everything will be fine this time, see you soon sweet ARMS Very Happy
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that a 4th season of Date A Live is happening after how bad the anime got the JC Shaft in the 3rd. As long it's not as bad as the third, I'll take a 4th season.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I was really worried we wouldn't get any more DAL anime content after the end of III, so this is great news, whatever form the animation ends up taking.
Rob49152

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
after they managed to cram an entire light-novel into one episode I figured that was it for DAL. It was so badly done I felt the production people just threw their pens in the air and left.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I'll keep saying it even if it's annoying at this point, but PLEASE, like f**k, someone pick up the LN already! We have small time LN that are one shots or less then 3 or 6 volume, mean time we have anime that have gone on to have 3, even the rare instance 4 seasons like DxD and Zero no Tsukaima, not to be rude to some of those one off, but it's a joke that original source doesn't get properly brought over when enough popularity has been garnered to have it converted to screens in 4 separate occasions. It should be a rule that if you get 4th season it rings a bell in a publisher heads that the original source should get published. Evil or Very Mad
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:35 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
I'll keep saying it even if it's annoying at this point, but PLEASE, like f**k, someone pick up the LN already! We have small time LN that are one shots or less then 3 or 6 volume, mean time we have anime that have gone on to have 3, even the rare instance 4 seasons like DxD and Zero no Tsukaima, not to be rude to some of those one off, but it's a joke that original source doesn't get properly brought over when enough popularity has been garnered to have it converted to screens in 4 separate occasions. It should be a rule that if you get 4th season it rings a bell in a publisher heads that the original source should get published. Evil or Very Mad

yes!!! as someone who loves Date a live I always wanted those LN...seems like everything but those got localized, even splurged on the collectors edition of date a live rio reincarnation(loving that kurumi body pillow)
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:52 pm Reply with quote
After the third season, I was both hopeful and skeptical that more anime can be made for this series. Hopeful since by the end of the season, there were still some questions that have yet to be fully answered and skeptical since the animation production for it left a lot to be desired. I’m curious to see if J.C.Staff will be brought back for this project or if another studio will work on it this time.
Randomuser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Yay!

Here's hoping for another season, with yet another awesome opening theme by sweet ARMS!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
After the third season, I was both hopeful and skeptical that more anime can be made for this series. Hopeful since by the end of the season, there were still some questions that have yet to be fully answered and skeptical since the animation production for it left a lot to be desired. I’m curious to see if J.C.Staff will be brought back for this project or if another studio will work on it this time.

Come to think of it, I think every DAL season has been a different animation studio. The staff has been really the only consistent thing about it.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 am Reply with quote
As bad as season 3 was I still really want a season 4. The spirit roster would be complete and the last 2 spirits are among my favorites.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:25 am Reply with quote
I'm always up for more DAL, even though I can say I greatly enjoyed season 3. Hoping for another season, and not a movie. But, I'll take what I can get. Laughing
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:49 pm Reply with quote
what does this mean. if it was a continuation wouldnt it say 4th season? are they re-booting the series? spin off? hmm
Reinheit Hezen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I'm surprised that a 4th season of Date A Live is happening after how bad the anime got the JC Shaft in the 3rd. As long it's not as bad as the third, I'll take a 4th season.

No one said it would be a 4th season, it can be anything, an ova, movie, specials..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1