• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Fruits Basket's First Season Was an Emotional Rollercoaster

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Watching as much anime as I do, I tend to be very aware of how much time is left in an episode without checking. However, Fruits Basket kept me engrossed so often that it felt like the end credits came out of nowhere.

It'll be tough to wait for season 2.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I love fruba so much and I really think everyone should try to watch/read it.
I really wish there had been time in this section to talk about kyos "abusive" mother. because I really do think that there is a solid amount of discussion about her and how her love presents itself.
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm just happy that after so long we got a second chance at this story. It's been wonderful thus far.
Oggers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:18 am Reply with quote
It'll be hard to wait until next year for season 2. I really enjoyed this adaptation, and I'm looking forward to seeing this anime cover the rest of Fruits Basket's story that the 2001 anime never got around to adapting.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:53 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I really wish there had been time in this section to talk about kyos "abusive" mother. because I really do think that there is a solid amount of discussion about her and how her love presents itself.

There's a lot of discussion about Kyo's mother in this thread: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3095361
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1