• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya CG Anime's 2nd Part Premieres Worldwide on January 23

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:54 am Reply with quote
Oh God there actually more of this?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:56 am Reply with quote
AntiKuro wrote:

Probably gets more viewers than a lot of the “important” kids shows like The Dragon Prince.

At least they have the old version on Netflix. And The Lost Canvas. And the Hades Chapter. Man, Netflix loves them some Saint Seiya. I’m surprised they don’t have Omega.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 pm Reply with quote
AntiKuro wrote:

These episodes have always been confirmed, and the article even alludes to it. It was announced as a 12-episode series, and only the first 6 were put up earlier this year. This is simply the second half that was always going to come out.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I just want more of the original show streaming.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Probably gets more viewers than a lot of the “important” kids shows like The Dragon Prince.

At least they have the old version on Netflix. And The Lost Canvas. And the Hades Chapter. Man, Netflix loves them some Saint Seiya. I’m surprised they don’t have Omega.

When did they add the Hades Chapter? Cause all I see is the first three seasons of the original, Lost Canvas, and the CG series.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Meh I’d rather see more dubbed episodes of the original show come out and have it (finally) see a finished dub
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:10 pm Reply with quote
It about time. Even if this show ends up not getting renewed for a 2nd season, I’m just glad that they’re still finishing what was initially ordered.
SAG4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
AntiKuro wrote:

But how much of the audience are american children?
Most of the people who must have watched are the old fans, bacause don't seem to have many new american teenagers or adult fans, as we would see in the amount of youtube videos or twitter comments. I don't know about children since I don't have this data, but maybe this ''success'' with children became evident in this second part. I doubt it.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:07 pm Reply with quote
That’s sort of my point actually. That kids would prefer something like this and the Minecraft show (we have a poll supporting the latter) than Tumblr darlings like She-Ra and Dragon Prince. We don’t know if it’s successful, but we do know the other shows...aren’t.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering when the second part was going to come out. I'm currently rewatching the original Saint Seiya and I hope that Neflix adds the spin-offs like Soul of Gold and Omega.
I had some issues with the new show regarding its pacing and the changes in the stroy, but the main dealbreaker is Seiya's voice in the latin-american Spanish dub, they brought almost everybody from the original series, the ADR director also directed The Lost Canvas and Hyoga's new voice actor (who, like Seiya's new voice actor, is also a celebrity) does a great job, Seiya's actor is my main problem.
I don't know if it is possible that Netflix decides to replace Seiya's actor with a professional after all the complaints. I know that Seiya's original spanish voice actor passed away, but there were ocassions in which Seiya was voiced by other actors that could have taken the role.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:16 pm Reply with quote
GOOOOOD, I like what a watched, and I'm a fan of the original and take this as a new version so I don't have many problems + Shun is cute.

This deserve Hades. With luck the battle with Hades will be less shitty.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes

They can't be serious, can they? I'd just wait it out to see how the 12 Temples Arc from the original anime will be dubbed, finally getting to hear Shura and Aphrodite in English for the first time, and if the Asgard, Poseidon and original movies (and maybe even Hades arc though that's a stretch will be dubbed. Watching this will not make the wait any easier, so once again, no go, I pass.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:34 pm Reply with quote
ballinamon wrote:
GOOOOOD, I like what a watched, and I'm a fan of the original and take this as a new version so I don't have many problems + Shun is cute.

This deserve Hades. With luck the battle with Hades will be less shitty.

No Shun here, it’s Shawn.
Kaorichama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Please no.
Kill it already.
It was awful and the fact that they'll resume in 6 episodies the silver saints arc is just the last nail in the coffin I wasn't asking for.
Crispy45

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
That’s sort of my point actually. That kids would prefer something like this and the Minecraft show (we have a poll supporting the latter) than Tumblr darlings like She-Ra and Dragon Prince. We don’t know if it’s successful, but we do know the other shows...aren’t.

Do you mean Minecraft: Story Mode which is a game or did Netflix actually make a Minecraft show?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2