• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Makoto Shinkai Honored at Kodansha's Noda Publishing Culture Award

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Kim Morrissy wrote:
Makoto Shinkai Honored at Kodansha's Noda Publishing Culture Award...Anime film director Makoto Shinkai accepted a prize at Kodansha's inaugural Noda Publishing Culture Award ceremony

The Comic Natalie article says:
Quote:
第1回「野間出版文化賞」の贈呈式が本日12月17日に都内のホテルにて行われ、新海誠監督、なかよし(講談社)の須田淑子編集長、りぼん(集英社)の相田聡一編集長らが出席した。
「野間出版文化賞」は、“出版の再発明”を目指す講談社が創業110周年を迎えるにあたり、記念事業の一環として本年度より新設されたもので、出版にまつわる優れた表現活動を行った個人・団体に与えられる。

Actually, the name of the award in question is Noma Publishing Culture Award. Not Noda Publishing Culture Award.
The 'Noma' part of the name of the award is derived from '野間 (Noma)', which is the family name of the founder of Kōdansha.
Noma Seiji founded Kōdansha as Dai Nippon Yūbenkai in 1909, and members of the Noma family have been senior executives of Kōdansha. For example, there happens to be 『やわらかい話』 (A book which consists of Yoshiyuki Jun'nosuke's talks with other literary writers. Pub. by Kōdansha in 2001) on my desk, and its colophon says, 'The publisher: Noma Sawako.' The current president of Kōdansha is Noma Yoshinobu. Kōdansha is still run by the Noma family.
If you intend to keep working as a journalist on Japan-related stuff including Japanese books, you had better know rudimentary knowledge such as the relation between Kōdansha and the Noma family, Ms Morrissy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1