• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Announces Winter SimulDub Premiere Dates

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I am eagerly waiting for Interspecies Reviewer simuldub , it’s gonna be glorious even as a straight, non-abridged dub Cool
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
I am eagerly waiting for Interspecies Reviewer simuldub , it’s gonna be glorious even as a straight, non-abridged dub Cool

Same. I expect all the innuendos.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Funimation doing 19 simuldubs in one season is absolutely bonkers. And with them all generally being 2 weeks or less is even more bonkers.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they’re holding off on dubbing 22/7 so they can bring in Sally Amaki to dub Sakura in English all in one go. Because that would be pretty awesome.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:47 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
I just hope they’re holding off on dubbing 22/7 so they can bring in Sally Amaki to dub Sakura in English all in one go. Because that would be pretty awesome.

They probably need Aniplex's permission for that one, and I think the fact that Darwin's Game is the only confirmed simuldub of an Aniplex property is pretty telling.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:21 am Reply with quote
The new Orphan doesn't look that good, but if they bring back the VAs for main trio and the trolls, I will give it a watch as at least that gives it a connection to the older entries.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:49 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Funimation doing 19 simuldubs in one season is absolutely bonkers. And with them all generally being 2 weeks or less is even more bonkers.

Yeah, I figure it's also why the new Show by Rock didn't get a simuldub. Even if they wanted to, it probably wasn't possible. We've already seen them outsource one show from last season.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:11 am Reply with quote
They probably could. They got to 20 last season with help from Okratron and sound cadence. Its possible the show by rock spin off gets annonced later like Actors with dubbed songs
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

Yeah, I figure it's also why the new Show by Rock didn't get a simuldub. Even if they wanted to, it probably wasn't possible. We've already seen them outsource one show from last season.

It was actually 2 they also had okratron (chris Sabats company) do the dub for LOTGH.

And to your point I would not be surprised to see show by rock and number 24 get dubs later on from a third party or they just do it for the blu ray release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1