• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Megumi Ogata: Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Anime Film's Dialogue Recording Is All But Finished

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote
woohoo! 13 years later we get to see the 4th and Final Eva movie. Lets see how far off the rails this one goes.. Wink
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:15 am Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
woohoo! 13 years later we get to see the 4th and Final Eva movie.

It'd be fun it this was not even the final one.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
woohoo! 13 years later we get to see the 4th and Final Eva movie.

It'd be fun it this was not even the final one.

At least George RR Martin's still got them beat.

I was gonna joke that the voice actors needed to take time off after feeling so depressed from the ending, being Eva and all, but after watching all of Bojack Horseman Eva's a Goddamn Pokemon in comparison.

Notice I said Pokemon and not Digimon? Differences.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see how Anno concludes this alternate version of Evangelion. 3:33 really threw me off when it deviated from the original story. 2:22 deviated slightly, and 1:11 was an almost verbatim retelling of the first 6 episodes.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:06 pm Reply with quote
JohnRhogan wrote:
I can't wait to see how Anno concludes this alternate version of Evangelion. 3:33 really threw me off when it deviated from the original story. 2:22 deviated slightly, and 1:11 was an almost verbatim retelling of the first 6 episodes.

I wouldn't get my hopes too high, first 10 minutes and trailer are out there and they look God awful... I am 60-70 % sure it's going to be a trainwreck with ton of CGI and psychodelic stuff for the sake of having psychodelic stuff. I'm a huge Eva fan but imo Rebuilds shouldn't have happened. But I guess money is still a thing.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:54 am Reply with quote
After this long, I've taken the stance that I'll get more interested when it's done and release dates are announced.
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:
I wouldn't get my hopes too high, first 10 minutes and trailer are out there and they look God awful... I am 60-70 % sure it's going to be a trainwreck with ton of CGI and psychodelic stuff for the sake of having psychodelic stuff. I'm a huge Eva fan but imo Rebuilds shouldn't have happened. But I guess money is still a thing.

Well it's not unexpected that the opening of the film would be more action-packed.

I'm personally pleased as punch about the direction 3.33 took. And I imagine they'd have to top End of Eva somehow, so indeed I do expect some craziness, but I'm guessing this is going in a very new direction. spoiler[And confirmation that the Rebuilds are direct sequels to End of Eva, but this time this truly will be the end when the cycle of Instrumentality and Rebirth is permanently ended.]
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:
JohnRhogan wrote:

I didn’t watch them because of the possibility of CGI, how bad is it? I guess I am a casual EVA fan content with the original+EoE...
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:54 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I didn’t watch them because of the possibility of CGI, how bad is it? I guess I am a casual EVA fan content with the original+EoE...

Honestly, as far as CGI case uses in anime, the Eva Rebuild films are pretty good, and I personally dislike a lot of CG in anime. But honestly if you had no problem with the CG in End of Eva, then you shouldn't have any problem here. imo, the cg blends well with the 2d stuff, and CG is used where it makes sense. The characters themselves are traditionally animated. The rebuild films are quality animation as a whole, and they deliver on the spectacle.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:28 am Reply with quote
Watch, the final movie is actually gonna be divided into 2 films

(That's what happened with Death & Rebirth and End of Evangelion)
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:07 am Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:

Honestly, as far as CGI case uses in anime, the Eva Rebuild films are pretty good, and I personally dislike a lot of CG in anime. But honestly if you had no problem with the CG in End of Eva, then you shouldn't have any problem here. imo, the cg blends well with the 2d stuff, and CG is used where it makes sense. The characters themselves are traditionally animated. The rebuild films are quality animation as a whole, and they deliver on the spectacle.
I'm not sure why fans are shocked by the CGI in the latest Eva movie when all the Rebuild films have had a mix of 2D and CGI.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I hope to god Funimation gets this so there's no stupid cast discrepancy...Khara working with Netflix on the original series has me worried they'll get it instead and we won't have any physical release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1