• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - Top 5 Mouthwatering Anime Food Scenes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Last year when I was visiting my older cousin who was living in Nagoya, Japan; I managed to try Tomato ramen. You would think the broth would be sour, but nope, it's slightly sweet and incredibly rich and hearty in flavor, and becomes a bit creamy once cheese became fully blended with the soup. I tried the semi-firm noodles with it and man, it was a blast, highly recommended!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:47 pm Reply with quote
An anime food list withut a single mentionof the cooking shows that has naked lesbians eating lollipops can't be taken seriously.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Where's the gun ramen from Assassination Classroom tho
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 pm Reply with quote
No bell peppers and beef without the beef?
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:43 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of irked about them not including the AMAZING food visuals from the Ghibli movies.
To quote Calcifer, may all their bacon burn.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:38 pm Reply with quote
To each their own. I'm only now watching Food Wars season 1. Watched the Rainbow Terrine episode a couple days ago. Didn't do much for me. It didn't even win the match.
But then again, maybe the more pleasant images help giving you a pleasant reaction. All those clothes shredding orgasmic reactions leave a little to be desired.

I'd have to review, but I'm pretty sure that I'd pick something from Restaurant From Another World. I had to make a point not to watch that in the wrong circumstances. I either had to be completely full or ready to make something or go out. Late nights were a bad time.
It also has its larger focus on western food for the Anglo audiences.

[edit]
Just looked at the list and was reminded of the pizza scene from Silver Spoon. It's actually a much more important scene than you'd think. It really brings everybody together and the group all contributing their very best food products makes for the absolutely best pizza scene ever. The way that cheese just melts of the side when they eat it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I would like to put in a plug for Kaguya-Sama's ramen eating half ep. An older guy is in a ramen place, complaining that kids don't appreciate ramen anymore, when one of the high school kids walks in and Does It Right. Which leads to a little joke. Smile

Myself, I'd go for Restaurant From Another World too. I'm not a foodie, but I think I could handle one of their versions of western dishes.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:13 am Reply with quote
It'd just be a lot easier to pick 5 moments from Toriko, but I suppose this makes for a better paycheck.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:19 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame What Did You Eat Yesterday doesn't have an anime, the food in that always sounds amazing.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:36 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
It's a shame What Did You Eat Yesterday doesn't have an anime, the food in that always sounds amazing.

I completely agree on this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1