• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams More City Hunter TV Anime Series, Specials, Films

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnathanEnder

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:18 pm Reply with quote
This is excellent news. I can't remember the last time a time-lost classic was made entirely available in one fell swoop like City Hunter.

Crunchyroll and Discotek have done the lord's work. Anime smile
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Nice!

JohnathanEnder wrote:
I can't remember the last time a time-lost classic was made entirely available in one fell swoop like City Hunter.

I imagine Crunchyroll is uploading this much content to compensate for more potential simulcasts delays.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Alright! Now I can the watch entirety of City Hunter!

Well Except for the new movie anyways...
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the Discotek disc sales won't be affected too much. That said woo more City Hunter for everybody.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:29 pm Reply with quote
^Apparently they used DVD sources since they're uploaded in SD unlike the first 2 seasons, you can still see the old ADV English credits in 3 & 91's episodes.

Sales should be fine, it'll just take a while for them to come out since, as said in the first season thread, Discotek has to wait a year until after Japan puts them out on Blu-ray and Japan has yet to do so for everything past City Hunter 2 (though both 3 & 91 did air in HD on Animax Japan a while back).
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:16 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
^Apparently they used DVD sources since they're uploaded in SD unlike the first 2 seasons, you can still see the old ADV English credits in 3 & 91's episodes.

Sales should be fine, it'll just take a while for them to come out since, as said in the first season thread, Discotek has to wait a year until after Japan puts them out on Blu-ray and Japan has yet to do so for everything past City Hunter 2 (though both 3 & 91 did air in HD on Animax Japan a while back).

Well if it's anything like the Fist of the North Star release it will be worth the wait. I notice that the subtitles for the SD BD had better timings and the video was a bit better then the crunchyroll streams. As you said it's just a matter of waiting but with my immune system I'm wondering if I'll live that long...
snake-eyes

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Finny-Chan, do not be...BLU, you can get City Hunter Shinjuku Private Eyes From...RAY online on disc!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1