• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Seven Deadly Sins TV Anime Delayed Due to COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:01 am Reply with quote
Considering the huge backlash the animation for S3 had, this might actually be a good thing as it would give them more time to polish it. (I highly doubt they would tough). Sigh
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:25 am Reply with quote
The last season wasn't reallymade by Studio Deen. Outsourced to death. Might be better to cancel this one if it's gonna end up the same way
ILOVEITToo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 am Reply with quote
I still liked season 3 despite the animation

I hope no more Fall anime delayed
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:46 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Considering the huge backlash the animation for S3 had, this might actually be a good thing as it would give them more time to polish it. (I highly doubt they would tough). Sigh

Even so, the final battle was driven heavily into the ground, what with spoiler[the fake-out epilogue and ending chapters, followed by 8 more months worth of chapters about another fight against the same final villain they'd just beaten, and then 3 more months setting up the sequel, including another a fight against a "post-final" villain.]
toprak

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:59 am Reply with quote
They are not supposed to do the anime, they can drop. This season is really horrible Anime catgrin
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:10 pm Reply with quote
After the success of the mobile game their obviously taking Seven Deadly Sins more seriously, I have faith season 4 will look good.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:53 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:
After the success of the mobile game their obviously taking Seven Deadly Sins more seriously, I have faith season 4 will look good.

Uh I don’t think mobile games have that much input on how much more seriously they take these programs.
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
MeliodasWarrior wrote:

Uh I don’t think mobile games have that much input on how much more seriously they take these programs.

Mobile and console games are produced from the animes, their made because people watch the anime, anime is being used nowadays to make endless video games, so SDS mobile game success obviously made an impact and making Studio Deen reconsider their effort.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:27 pm Reply with quote
^It's not really a matter of "effort" or "taking it seriously" though. Production and animation problems like SDS's last season are the result of the studio having no time or resources to actually devote to the project. Massive outsourcing doesn't happen because the studio heads decided not to care that day, but because the people working on it have to rush it out to make an arbitrary deadline decided by the production committee.
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:54 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
^It's not really a matter of "effort" or "taking it seriously" though. Production and animation problems like SDS's last season are the result of the studio having no time or resources to actually devote to the project. Massive outsourcing doesn't happen because the studio heads decided not to care that day, but because the people working on it have to rush it out to make an arbitrary deadline decided by the production committee.

Exactly its obvious they learned this lesson similar to how Toei learned their lesson after episode 5 of Dragonball Super and they will make it better this time.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:04 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
The last season wasn't reallymade by Studio Deen. Outsourced to death. Might be better to cancel this one if it's gonna end up the same way

Why should they? Despite how bad the last season turned out, it obviously did well enough to get another season (and with the same studio). They've already been working on this for some time now, so it would be a waste to just can the whole thing now. If it ends up looking just as bad as the last season, just simply don't watch. Nothing good can come from cancelling it now.
will.babe

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm amazed this wasn't cancelled considering the shitty job they did for season 3. I guess they still have money to spend on an equally garbage season 4
RenRen94

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:31 am Reply with quote
I haven't really been too fond of SDS's story since they introduced the Ten Commandments, and the poor animation from S3 didn't help either. Not holding out much hope for the story, but I hope S4's animation is better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1