• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Honor Student at Magic High School Spinoff Manga Ends in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:38 am Reply with quote
Ya know I can't even keep up with just how many spinoff manga series this has anymore it's like each week there is a new spin off just continue the main bloody story ....
Gamen

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 am Reply with quote
Azza Murphy wrote:
Ya know I can't even keep up with just how many spinoff manga series this has anymore it's like each week there is a new spin off just continue the main bloody story ....

It has I think... two, including this one? Looking at the list under the creator's page here, there's also a comic strip and a comicilization of the movie. The rest are all comicilizations of the different arcs 'cause if it was done by one comic artist it'd be decades before they caught up; as it is they haven't even caught up w/ Yen Press' translation of the novels, and Yen press is just as far behind now as they were when they first licensed it.

Same reason why there's a second Bookworm comic that starts at the third arc.
toprak

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Would you recommend it? I was planning read the Irregular at Magic High School.
Gamen

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Otakuch wrote:
Would you recommend it? I was planning read the Irregular at Magic High School.

I'd give it a shot anyway if it's available at your local library, but 15 books in it's still not all that clear where it's going to me. I'm sticking with it though.,
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:41 pm Reply with quote
@Otakuch

If you are talking about the manga series, it is fairly good. It is a retelling of the main story from a different point of view.

If you mean the light novels, I highly recommend them. They provide a lot more detail than the anime series and are already a couple of story arcs beyond the anime. I just wish Yen ON would issue them more quickly. When a new volume does come in it is a immediate read. I'm currently rereading the whole series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1