• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film's New Trailer Previews LiSA's New Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megax36

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:03 am Reply with quote
So now US viewers will get this in 2021?! Great, another anticipated film indefinitely pushed back due to COVID Sad
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:13 am Reply with quote
Megax36 wrote:
So now US viewers will get this in 2021?! Great, another anticipated film indefinitely pushed back due to COVID Sad

Well I mean this should've been expected. Very few states are improving enough to make theaters viable in the US. If every state has enforced mask mandates then it could be doable but there's way too much resistance. 2021 could turn into "whenever the vaccine is out" if things don't get better
Megax36

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:18 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Megax36 wrote:

Well I mean this should've been expected. Very few states are improving enough to make theaters viable in the US. If every state has enforced mask mandates then it could be doable but there's way too much resistance. 2021 could turn into "whenever the vaccine is out" if things don't get better

Sadly, I feel this may no longer be profitable to release into US theaters by that time, as I'm sure it will have been leaked onto the internet if the wait is long enough. Especially if Ufotable announces that they will resume the anime series to complete the rest of the story, before US viewers can even see the film.
Piexouar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Hmm dunno how to feel, expected a bit more. Sounds kinda generic.
Kokushibou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:08 am Reply with quote
Megax36 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Megax36 wrote:

Sadly, I feel this may no longer be profitable to release into US theaters by that time, as I'm sure it will have been leaked onto the internet if the wait is long enough. Especially if Ufotable announces that they will resume the anime series to complete the rest of the story, before US viewers can even see the film.

Piracy rules are pretty strict in japan so I doubt it would be leaked that easily, especially with current circumstances when people are kept under close watch so they take proper precautions from COVID-19, I don't know how the theatres are operating there but whether there's gap in seating or something like that but a leak is definitely hard but the latter is possible, announcing a continuation or it could just be that they release it online for US, some earnings are better than no earnings.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:47 pm Reply with quote
wait the movies going to be the train arc, wtf

I sort of hated that arc in the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1